• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check this out

Actually, it might just work.

Modern cell phones operate in the microwave frequency range. Output power is very low less than 1 watt, but additively it could pop a kernel or 2 of corn. A microwave oven operates at 2.5GHz and most new cell phones operate right around 2 GHz depending on the particular network you are on.

Something seems fishy there. I am thinking maybe they are using the infrared link thingy that some cell phones have.... I don't know, but something doesn't seem right.

Ok, so then what would happen if all the DISers meet up at the Fort, and put all our cell phones in a big circle......would there be enough popcorn to feed everyone? Who wants to try this? popcorn::

Back in the day, I knew guys with Linear Amplifiers on their CB's big enough
to cook a 20 lb frozen turkey in 10 mins:lmao: popcorn:: :rolleyes1

"Old Truckers never die.....they just get a new Peterbilt."

THAT explains my CRS!!! My brain is fried from my cell phone. I always thought it was all them funny cigarettes I smoked back in the day!:lmao:

No, definitely won't cook a turkey in 10 minutes with a big linear on a CB.

Now, I have seen some stuff in past lives at work that could do that. You don't want to be around a jamming system on a military aircraft if they fire one up on the ground. I worked in a group that designed these things and they developed some serious energy. The results of a failed system test on an antenna could be very impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter