Check-out day advice :)

letsgo!

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

We're checking out of AllStar Music on a Saturday. Our plan is to hit Hollywood Studios that day. Being on-site, we're going to take advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours (I don't want to think about how early we're going to be getting up on our vacation o_O)

We currently have our 3rd FP booked for 12:40-1:40, which puts us past check-out time. First of all, I'm going to request a later check-out (we are moving to an off-site location) but in the off chance that isn't granted, I'm looking for advice :)

We could change our later FP to 9:00 ish, meaning our SDD would be the last one for the "morning" at 11:40-12:40 (this one can't be changed around, unfortunately) That would work if we could get a late checkout (we have a car so don't need to rely on transit) I know we can get Bell Services to grab our bags (which is my second option) but I wasn't sure how early or how quickly they would come? I just don't want to have to wait for them (I'm a little crazy when it comes to departure times from the room) Will Bell Services pick up your bags if you're not in the room? I know they will deliver them, but I wasn't sure about pickup!

TIA!

We could change our later FP to 9:00 ish, meaning our SDD would be the last one for the "morning" at 11:40-12:40 (this one can't be changed around, unfortunately) That would work if we could get a late checkout (we have a car so don't need to rely on transit) I know we can get Bell Services to grab our bags (which is my second option) but I wasn't sure how early or how quickly they would come? I just don't want to have to wait for them (I'm a little crazy when it comes to departure times from the room) Will Bell Services pick up your bags if you're not in the room? I know they will deliver them, but I wasn't sure about pickup!

TIA!

Whenever I am in that position I just put all my stuff in my car. Then I know where it is and not worried about it, ready to go to the next place.

I don't think bell services will take your bags out of the room without you being there. You can drop them off yourself at bell services before you head to HS and they will hold them until you get back.

ENJ is correct you have to be in the room for Bell Service. In this situation I would have the bags basically packed the night before with clothes ready for the next day. I agree with Hopper that it is easier to bring your stuff to your car before you leave to the park. This is what I did while my family got ready at Allstar. Parking was pretty close to the room.

Late checkout is very unlikely.

Just be ready to be gone that day. Have everything packed up. Either have Bell get your stuff to store for the day (safer than sitting down m your car), or load up the car (if you have a trunk).

Is there a reason you need bell services to move your bags? I mean, I know it's nice to have someone else schlep stuff, but are there mobility issues or something that would necessitate you getting someone else to move them?

If you need bell services to move your bags, my advice would be to have them come the night before to take them. You all could remove your next day's clothes, toiletries, etc, and just pack up a little carryon type bag with what remains to take to the car/bell services yourself when you leave.

If you can move your bags yourself, I think putting your stuff in your car is the easiest option so you don't have to come back (assuming a trunk so you can store your items out of sight). Second best option would be to take bags and drop at bell services on your way out. These options are also very nice for the Mousekeepers who can get into your vacated room early to start cleaning.

We stayed All Star Music a few months back and wanted to spend the day at a park on our check out day. I packed most of our stuff the night before check out, tossing in the last of it all in the morning - and then we brought our stuff to the front ourselves. Left our bags there all day and picked them up when we were ready. It was quick and easy. I didn't want to leave things in the car, especially some stuff in the heat. This worked out perfect and it really didn't take us long at all to drop our stuff off - and no way would I want to worry about waiting on someone to come get stuff.

As others have said, bell services will not come to your room and pick up luggage if you aren't there. I would bring the bags to them prior to going to DHS that morning or just put everything in your car. I would not rely on getting a late check-out as that is hit or miss. If you can take care of your luggage before you leave for DHS, you won't have to interrupt your day in the park.

Yea like others have said. Take your bags to bell services and they will store everything for you. You can go back and grab stuff if you need to. We always have an afternoon flight home so do this quite often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!