Check out and check in procedure

GabLovesDisney

Earning My Ears
We have never camped at FW before. Do you have to check out in the am? I have stayed at the resorts and we did not have to go to the front desk to check out, if I remember correctly. Has been a few years. Are magic bands mailed to me. Are they activated at check in. What is the check in procedure> Can you check in online? Thanks so much.

I have never "checked out" like at a hotel at the campsites...just pack up and leave before the designated checkout time which I think is 11am.
Yes, you should get the magicbands in the mail (unless this is a last minute trip and there's no time)...go online to personalize them. As far as activation, you would need to link your park tickets to them...easy to do online.
Yes, you can check in online...or wait til you get there. either way will work.

When you check in to the Fort there is a gate guard, he will ask if you have a reservation and ask for ID. He will then tell you to pull ahead to one of the check in booths. If you are checked in online, they will hand you your packet and off you go, if your campsite is ready. They will text your site to you, when it is ready, if it was not when you arrived.

Does the person who's name is the lead on the reservation have to be present when checking in? My husband will probably be alone when he pulls in with the camper but the reservation is in my name. We don't have the same last name.

If I make sure that he has his magic band with him will that help? Also, it sounds like it helps if I do online check in before we arrive?

I would print him a copy of the reservation to have with him. Online check in does help, we use it. And usually the person whom the reservation is made for has to be present. Maybe if TRS see's this he could offer his great wisdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter