Check in time average

We've never had to wait that long. Our typical plan of action is to bring a change of clothes in our carry-on and then change at the airport. Once we get to the resort we check-in, dump our bags with bell services, and then head to the parks. They'll deposit your bags to your room when it's ready and then send you a text to let you know you're not homeless anymore. I think there was one time we didn't get a text so we called from the parks to confirm.
You have to be in the room for them to bring the bags (only will drop them when you're not there if you came in on ME from airport and checked bags with the Disney luggage tags). But if you drop bags at bell services yourself, or sent from one resort to another, you have to be in your room for them to bring them.

You have to be in the room for them to bring the bags (only will drop them when you're not there if you came in on ME from airport and checked bags with the Disney luggage tags). But if you drop bags at bell services yourself, or sent from one resort to another, you have to be in your room for them to bring them.
Good to know. We've always done ME so I assumed that was something they did for everyone. We never tag our luggage with ME tags..we always pick them up at bag claim at airport and have them transported on the ME with us.

heya so I think we have it narrowed down to either Polynesian or CCV thanks to some immense help on this board.

But one thing I’m noticing is check in time is “after 4 pm” I know early room entry is a no go so this isn’t about that, but I’ve seen some posts before or on other sites talking about rooms not even being available until 7 pm etc, which is after 4, but that kinda worries me after a 6 hour flight plus a time difference to deal with. So just seeing if that is a common thing to have super late check in. Or if it’s usually pretty close to 4pm in peoples experience (doesn’t have to be limited to Polynesian or CCV). Thanks in advance!

7:30 PM at BWV has been our latest. It was for a one night stay.

Most times we are in the room before 4.

Happened to me at the Poly :headache: Beyond aggravating.

It’s almost always close to 4 though so I guess I can’t really complain too much. I always do online checkin and have come to the conclusion it makes absolutely no difference :rolleyes:

I stayed at a Poly in September. We got there around 1:00. Since I did not get a text, I stood in the checkin line. Not ready. We had lunch and were waiting around. Sitting in the lobby around 3:00, I noticed no one in line so I went up. Room was ready about 5 min ago they said. I got the room ready text 3 days later!

The latest I’ve ever had is 5:00 at VGC. One time BWV at 4:00. Other times earlier.

Over 20 years experience: room usually ready before 4, about half the time it was ready when we arrived which was most often between 2:30 and 3. However, five times we have gone beyond, twice to 4:30, three times to about 5. Three of those occurred at BWV, one at AKV, and one at BLT.

The check-in time used to say "4 p.m." It was only in last couple years that they changed the statement to "after 4 p.m." perhaps as part of a plan to create a valid excuse for their incompetency.

In 15 or so (maybe more) DVC stays, our villa has always been ready by 4pm. A couple have been ready as early as noon. Most of the time, we seem to get them around 2:00/3:00. The latest was just before 4:00.

SSR and BCV we wait - every where else the room is ready whenever we arrive - luck of the draw

Often it depends on your room requests and when they clean the room that is close or matches your request. Texts can be hit or miss and on my phone I need cellular data turned on to receive them.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter