Check in time average

Stinkomann20x6

Mouseketeer
heya so I think we have it narrowed down to either Polynesian or CCV thanks to some immense help on this board.

But one thing I’m noticing is check in time is “after 4 pm” I know early room entry is a no go so this isn’t about that, but I’ve seen some posts before or on other sites talking about rooms not even being available until 7 pm etc, which is after 4, but that kinda worries me after a 6 hour flight plus a time difference to deal with. So just seeing if that is a common thing to have super late check in. Or if it’s usually pretty close to 4pm in peoples experience (doesn’t have to be limited to Polynesian or CCV). Thanks in advance!

Every time we have gone it’s been before 4pm. We have gotten lucky sometimes and gotten it super early. One time at 9am when we got on the magical express we got a text saying it was ready.

Depends on how many housekeepers are working, how messy the rooms are, occupancy, and who is working and what size of room. We have had a room ready at 7:30 at SSR and room ready at 2:00 at BWV. Most are around 4:00. If the room was vacant the night prior you could get it at 7:00 am.

:earsboy: Bill

Depends on how many housekeepers are working, how messy the rooms are, occupancy, and who is working and what size of room. We have had a room ready at 7:30 at SSR and room ready at 2:00 at BWV. Most are around 4:00. If the room was vacant the night prior you could get it at 7:00 am.

:earsboy: Bill
Every time we have gone it’s been before 4pm. We have gotten lucky sometimes and gotten it super early. One time at 9am when we got on the magical express we got a text saying it was ready.
Thank you for the responses. I can handle 4 no problem. I was just more worried about like late at night stuff while already dealing with flying cross country. :)

Only twice was it after 4pm for me and it was about 4:30 both times. Twice it was right at 4pm. Most of the time it's 2:00-3:45 range. A few times we've been lucky to be before 2pm. Earliest was 11:04 at Jambo in 2017. A few times we never got the text with our room number and we were in the parks until late and had to see the desk once we got back, to get room number so no real idea of when those rooms were ready. Been DVCing since 2006 and have about 32 check ins under our belts (lots of split stays). And we do tend to arrive early-ish (usually before lunch so as to get a full day)...and we do split stays where we check out of one resort by 10am and go check in at next resort around 10:30 and never a room ready in those instances (except that Jambo one was pretty close). If we really would like early room, we don't put in any location requests and put the early time we're arriving (online check in asks arrival time).

Only twice was it after 4pm for me and it was about 4:30 both times. Twice it was right at 4pm. Most of the time it's 2:00-3:45 range. A few times we've been lucky to be before 2pm. Earliest was 11:04 at Jambo in 2017. A few times we never got the text with our room number and we were in the parks until late and had to see the desk once we got back, to get room number so no real idea of when those rooms were ready. Been DVCing since 2006 and have about 32 check ins under our belts (lots of split stays). And we do tend to arrive early-ish (usually before lunch so as to get a full day)...and we do split stays where we check out of one resort by 10am and go check in at next resort around 10:30 and never a room ready in those instances (except that Jambo one was pretty close). If we really would like early room, we don't put in any location requests and put the early time we're arriving (online check in asks arrival time).
That I can handle thanks!

A big factor is what day you check in. Sat and Sun are very busy as most do 7 nights sat to sat or sun to sun. We tend to do Mon or tues or 8-9 night and usually have our unit ready well before 4. Not always but 3 out 4 the room ready text shows ups before we arrive.

The latest I’ve had a DVC room ready in the past five years was 4:30 PM at Old Key West. I feel like I’ve averaged between 2 and 4 PM. In 2017 when I stayed at the Poly Villas, my studio was ready at 1:00. I’m wondering if the PVs tend to be ready earlier bc they’re all studios save for the bungalows?

I do online check-in, and am always getting there in the morning by plane (so they know exactly when I'm expected).

I've gotten room ready texts as early as 8am. Of course, I've also gotten them mid-morning, and early afternoon. So far, I've been lucky, as I have not ever had to wait until 4pm.

It may depend on when you are going, as well as the day you check in. If during Fall Frenzy, it may be later in the day. If early May, it might be ready long before 4PM.

Average time last 3 stays (BLT, OKW, AKV) 12:15 to 1:130 pm, now getting a text or notification, successful 2 out of 3 times!

The key for me is to do online checkin. When you do this you can specify your arrival time. If we are getting in at 11 AM, that is what I put. I know that I may not get into the room until 4PM, but my experience is that they will try to get us in the room as early as possible. THey have to clean and assign rooms in some order, and it appears that they may use arrival time as one of the criteria.

At VGF, we will drive up, deposit our luggage with Bell Services if the room is not ready, and head for the MK. We will usually get a room ready text by 2pm or so.
As long as you don’t feel entitled to an early check-in, you may get some Disney magic from time to time.

It is true that someone has to be last, but in my experience, it hasn’t been a problem.

We usually get the "room ready" text before we even land at the airport.
We haven't gotten a text for the last two times. This last time I found our villa assignment on the phone ap and never got a text. And they had just changed our number at the front desk when we arrived.

We haven't gotten a text for the last two times. This last time I found our villa assignment on the phone ap and never got a text. And they had just changed our number at the front desk when we arrived.
Yeah, we are hit or miss with this as well. I was told to clean up MDE by deactivating magic bands (keep 2 per person activated) and ticket media we don't use and remove guests we don't need. I did that and, what do you know, it helped and we got several room ready texts in a row. Then, recently, we had some snafus again with the texts. And we're still cleaned up on MDE so :confused3.

Last edited:
We've never had to wait that long. Our typical plan of action is to bring a change of clothes in our carry-on and then change at the airport. Once we get to the resort we check-in, dump our bags with bell services, and then head to the parks. They'll deposit your bags to your room when it's ready and then send you a text to let you know you're not homeless anymore. I think there was one time we didn't get a text so we called from the parks to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter