Check DC/National Car Discount!!!

BuzzLightYear3

Mouseketeer
Hi....just wanted to advise all of the DC members to check the National Car Discount....on the form it indicates it's 10% 5 days or more or something like that, but it's much better than that. I just got my DC card yesterday.....going to Disney next week. I already had a $209/week Dollar Mini-van reservation thanks to a code someone shared on these boards. Ten percent didn't sound like much of a National discount....I checked National using our Corporate account # and the rate was $229/week for a minivan. The standard rate without an account seemed to be $300+/week, but when I put in the DC account # I got the corporate rate of $229/week + ($38/day for 2 days), and then they gave me a $61 discount on top of that for the DC, so it was a far better deal. That discount is really 20% off of an already good rate.

Net, I got 200+% return on my $29.95 DC membership already, and I haven't even bought my park hoppers yet!

You can join Emerald free through 6/15. This club gives you a free upgade if available, but... can you use both DC discount and Emerald club upgrade on same ressie?

Is is worth it to join?

You most certainly can use the DC discount on an Emerald club reservation. The best part of using the Emerald Club is that you reserve at the Intermediate level and are then allowed to bypass the counter and go straight to the Emerald Aisle and choose whichever car you want, regardless of class. Depending on the time of day, there are often SUVs, full sizes, convertibles, even an occasionsal PT cruiser. You're guaranteed at least an intermediate. Go to the Transportation board; there's a ton of posts about Natonal and the Emerald club/aisle.

Titan Fan
Thanks for the info I have been trying to get this info for my EA rental. I can hardly wait to grab my luggage and get to the car. That alone will make the cost of the DC card worthit.

how do i combine my DC discount with EA? I can't find where to put in DC #. Do I have to call to combine then?

Can you use the Emerald Aisle thing if you have already made your ressies using the DC, or do you have to be a a member when you make the reservation?

Erika

There is a ton of National info on the transportation board. All of your questions will be answered!

The most important thing to remember (imho) is that you should reserve the car you need, because there is no guarentee of anything better on the Emerald Aisle! Also, an intermediate car costs the same as a full size!!! so if you need a full size, go ahead and reserve it. You can still do EA, and maybe get something cooler, but at least you know you will get a full size!

You put the Disney Club id number where they ask for contract or association id number. If you don't know the DC id #, go to the DC website. do a search under car rental and look for the National 10% off offer. You must make a new Emerald Club reservation, you can't convert an old reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter