Cheap Groceries

rubenfan

Earning My Ears
Help again staying at Marriotts Cypress Harbour Resort. Is there a cheap grocery store near the resort?

If that's the Marriot that's near Downtown Disney there is a Goodings grocery store at Crossroads just a couple minutes drive.

I've read lots of people say it's expensive. I guess it is, but not as bad as I thought. We bought lots there, example: large loaf of whole wheat bread $1.29, apples were expensive, baby food large jars were about $0.30 more than at home per jar. But it's the whole Disney thing. I was just happy to be able to get groceries.

We stayed at CBR and we bought a few grocery items there as well; milk, cookies, donuts, baby food.

i think the publicks at the intersection of 192 and 535 is a much better deal. Goodlings is very expensive, 1.79 for 2 liter bottle of coke, 4.99 of 12 pack of coke,Just past the publicks on is the super walmart. The traffic is tuff but if its a one shot deal its well worth the aggrevation.

Goodings in NOT budget! I'm not sure how far the Marriott is, but when we spent a week in a condo last July, it was worth it to go to the super walmart, even though we were right near Goodings!!

The Walmart has other stuff too, so if you need sunglasses or tylenol (we did) , they have it.

The Publix was okay. The walmart had better prices on store brand items, which we buy a lot of.

If you plan on cooking any real meals, please skip Goodings! :sunny:

we've stayed at cypress harbour the last 2 or 3 times we've been to dis... goodlings is very expensive and probably out of yr way, the only one i know of is in buena vista, (tho there may be more) no matter where u shop, i suspect u will find food prices high, u can order food to be delivered thru one of the websites, but ck w/the front desk at cypress harbor! WE LOVED CYPRESS HARBOR, cdn't get a reservation there this yr, so we're at another marriott property...enjoy! also, if u take an duffle full of cereal, (we usually pack oatmeal packets); some snacks, (nutrigrain bar type stuff); presweetened koolaid for the kids; some english muffins, and lipton noodles(like fettuccini alfredo, or something similar). This gives us some quick stuff for days/night we just want to eat and run..also, cypress harbor has a small grocery store, pizza place, yogurt stand etc. by the front office. last time we were there, they had a deal where they lent u a digital camera for the length of yr stay and u just chose yr prints as u took them. not sure if they still offer this tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter