Cheap disney items to buy ahead of time?

vleeth

I heart Disney
When my daughter was small I would purchase gifts for her, wrap them and bring them to Disney. Each day she got to open one.

I'd like to do the same for my nephews.They will be 4 and 6. I'd like to keep the items $3 or less.

I have bubbles on the list. Maybe a small coloring book and crayons. Oh and stickers.

Any other suggestions?

Small notebook and pen for autographs? I got Disney themed ones for my kids off eBay for about that amount.

Small notebook and pen for autographs? I got Disney themed ones for my kids off eBay for about that amount.

Great idea. I'll check with their parents and see if the plan on doing the books or a picture frame.

Disney store clearance section. Also check toys r us since they are closing.

Unfortunately there is no Disney store around anymore. That's where I got my daughter's stuff 8 years ago. I will check out Toys R Us. Thanks!

Target $ spot! We also got tsum stuns on clearance at bed bath and beyond and used a coupon!

I rarely go to Target so I forgot about this. Thanks.

Dollar Tree often has Disney-themed items. They sometimes have those things that look like a small notepad but which apparently turn into a towel when they get wet.

I will be stalking dollar tree!

Glow sticks for,the parade.
Fans that you can wear around your neck (about $5-7 at Walmart)

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. Last night I thought of something really good to put on my list and I couldn't remember this morning. It was glow sticks!

a friend of mine found an inexpensive fabric bag for her daughter and had something Disney appliquéd on it. She gave this to her on their trip to carry her little treasures around.

Yes, glow sticks. I made lanyards from ribbon for my kids and gave them the first night so they could hang the glow sticks around their neck. Cheap glow bracelets are good, too. You can usually find 2 in each package, for $1. Then you can break them up.

I usually did one nicer thing on the first day, and then trinket type things the rest of the trip. You can find super cute Disney shirts at Target, and can get them for around $5 or less on sale. Look for socks, coloring books, pencils/note pads, stickers, plastic cups in the $1 spot at Target as well. You could also do hats or sunglasses. I feel like it's harder to find things for my son than my daughter, so good luck!

a friend of mine found an inexpensive fabric bag for her daughter and had something Disney appliquéd on it. She gave this to her on their trip to carry her little treasures around.

Great idea, thanks!

Light up spinning toys for the nighttime shows. I usually see them a Michaels.

Do you know how much they are? I have a long time to plan for this trip so I can always buy one at a time and use the 40% off coupons. Thanks for the idea.

Yes, glow sticks. I made lanyards from ribbon for my kids and gave them the first night so they could hang the glow sticks around their neck. Cheap glow bracelets are good, too. You can usually find 2 in each package, for $1. Then you can break them up.

I usually did one nicer thing on the first day, and then trinket type things the rest of the trip. You can find super cute Disney shirts at Target, and can get them for around $5 or less on sale. Look for socks, coloring books, pencils/note pads, stickers, plastic cups in the $1 spot at Target as well. You could also do hats or sunglasses. I feel like it's harder to find things for my son than my daughter, so good luck!

I'm definitely adding sunglasses to the list, thanks!

They love little cars. Great idea!

I just had another thought; swim goggles.

Does anyone know what is allowed/not allowed in the Pop Century pools? I'm thinking things like floaties, swim ring, beach ball, dive sticks, etc.

Nothing allowed I the pols that can potentially block lifeguards' views. Also remember there could be far too many guests in the pool for "add-ins" to be comfortably or safely used.

I just had another thought; swim goggles.

Does anyone know what is allowed/not allowed in the Pop Century pools? I'm thinking things like floaties, swim ring, beach ball, dive sticks, etc.
I would get those small foam kick boards. We have also taken those squishy water balls. You can't have large floats but small toys are fine. We have also used those blow up rings before. The small ones meant for a child. The resort gift shop usually sells pool toys but you can bring your own much cheaper.

Nothing allowed I the pols that can potentially block lifeguards' views. Also remember there could be far too many guests in the pool for "add-ins" to be comfortably or safely used.

Thanks! I know there is no off season anymore, but we tend to travel when school is in session and there aren't usually many people in the pools.

I would get those small foam kick boards. We have also taken those squishy water balls. You can't have large floats but small toys are fine. We have also used those blow up rings before. The small ones meant for a child. The resort gift shop usually sells pool toys but you can bring your own much cheaper.

Thanks. I know I don't want to pay gift shop prices. I'll watch for end of the season sales.

If you have a 5 below store near you, they often have a large selection of disney themed toys, coloring supplies and books.

Walgreens! They had the Mickey bubble wands for $7 and honestly looked way better than the ones they sold in the park.

Party city has some reasonable priced stuff in Dusney theme including lanyards.
Went to toys r us this weekend to use up gift cards.not much on sale and probably in line 45 minutes to check out. We will not be back to ToysRUs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!