"Cheap" camera for underwater etc

Fujifilm XP130 - on sale at Target right now for $119 (regularly $180). Great pics, easy to use, long-lasting battery.

You can also find the Fuji XP's as refurbs under 100 on occasion. It's actually quite a nice camera, both in and out of the water. I only wish it did RAW files.

We use the Fujifilm XP130 and have really enjoyed it. We bought a floating wrist strap, hand it to the kids, and go. Since it’s fairly kid proof (water proof, drop proof, etc), I don’t really worry. It’s fun getting the world captured from a 5 year olds perspective. :)

I’ve used it in the pool, at the lake and in the ocean. It’s pretty awesome. The more light, the better.... but it still works pretty well everywhere. Hope that helps!

We have a Canon Powershot D20 (plus a float strap) that I received for Christmas 2013. It has been fantastic. We have used it in countless pools, lakes, and three oceans. Never a problem. Always takes great pics and videos. It's been very durable - holds up to the occasional drop and cliff jumping. But for an upcoming snorkle trip we'll be using aquajets (like underwater scooters that you drive with both hands) so I am looking at getting a gopro that we can use with a mount since we will need to be hands free.

P.S. one negative is it doesn't do selfies!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a waterproof camera for kids? We got fairly cheap one on Amazon for each of my kids at Christmas. Now one of them is no longer holding a charge.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a waterproof camera for kids? We got fairly cheap one on Amazon for each of my kids at Christmas. Now one of them is no longer holding a charge.

We got our kiddo (then 8, almost 9) a Polaroid iS048 for the holidays last year, and they used it to take pictures on our cruise and under water at Castaway. It's not the most amazing camera, but it took okay pictures, and was waterproof, and didn't cost a million dollars. (It looks like it's ~$40 currently; I think we got it on sale for black friday in 2018 for maybe $25 or $30?)

I suggest upgrade to the phone .... you'll be amazed at what other improvements you get besides a better camera ..... (I just upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an XR and I'm asking myself why did I wait so long???? Better reception, apps have improved functionality AND run faster, battery lasts WAY longer)

then a bag from AMAZON ..... I bought a pack of 4 for $13!!!!! And they work great .... for snorkel/surface use.

Smartlle Waterproof Phone Pouch, Universal Waterproof Phone case, Dry Bag Outdoor Beach Bag for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/XS Max/X/8 7 6S Plus, Samsung Galaxy, LG, for All Phones, Luminous-4 Pack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter