Che Fartsmith's Is the (Starts with B) Trash! No, BEST! 2 weeks of Disney Dining! Update: 10/28

fallonkendra

DIS Veteran
First of all, I should probably explain the title haha - my husband and I love Homecomin' Kitchen in Disney Springs, and while there in January 2017 my husband posted a picture of his food on Instagram with #chefartsmith - one of his friends very quickly pointed out that it looked like Che Fartsmith - because boys and their fart jokes :rolleyes2. While planning this trip, we were asked quite a few times if we were going back to the Fartsmith restaurant, so I guess it's now a joke among our group of friends? All joking aside, it is one of our favourite places on Disney property - hence the second part of the title (which is also a reference to one of my favourite Marvel movies - Thor Ragnarok)

Now, on to the dining report!

Welcome one and all to my dining report! I believe this is my third one? If you have read any of my old reports, welcome back. If you are new, let me do some introductions!​

FallonLuke-64.jpg

I'm Fallon, and I'll be the main writer for this. My (now) husband is Luke - he will occasionally make an appearance in my report (and he's a hilarious writer!)

We traveled to Walt Disney World from December 30, 2017 - January 13, 2018 - a full two weeks! On January 10th, we were married through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings, so we had a few unique dining options that day which you won't see reviews of very often!

You will see various other people show up in a few of my reviews, as we did have a group of about 20 family and friends who traveled down to Florida for our wedding. I'll introduce them as they come up.

In total, Luke and I ate in all four theme parks, as well as 10 different resorts. We also treated ourselves to a few dessert parties and special dining events due to it being our Wedding/(Pre)Honeymoon trip. The full list will be in the next post :)

I also a trip report started here: Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD and New

Also - I don't like the dining plan, so obviously it was not used on this trip. Starting with my review of Tony's, you will see math at the bottom of every post - I had a food budget and I will share how we did for each meal. I also tracked our savings with a Tables in Wonderland card - so you can see how great those things are!

Last edited:
December 30, 2017
December 31, 2017
January 1, 2018
January 2, 2018
January 3, 2018
January 4, 2018
January 5, 2018
January 6, 2018
January 7, 2018
  • Sunshine Seasons
  • Casey's Corner
  • 'Ohana
January 8, 2018
  • Le Cellier
January 9, 2018
January 10, 2018
January 11, 2018
January 12, 2018
January 13, 2018

Last edited:
WestJet Airplane Food
December 30, 2017 - Lunch

We had pre-ordered food, even though I was very sad when I received the email. WestJet changed their onboard menu, and my beloved ham and Swiss on a croissant was gone! Their menu is now Chopped Leaf, and filled with really healthy stuff, who wants that on vacation?!​

There were two things on the menu that we thought we might like, so we decided to order one of each. I went for the California Chicken salad – spinach, oranges, green apples, sunflower seeds and sun dried cranberries topped with grilled chicken breast and creamy feta. Raspberry vinaigrette served on the side.

A78A5435-9205-4ABA-A9B5-75B5BFDDB084.jpeg

Luke ordered the Chopped Leaf Baja Bowl – brown basmati rice, grilled chicken breast, heritage blend lettuce, cheddar cheese, red and yellow peppers, Chopped Leaf signature black bean and corn salsa finished with a dash of cilantro. Sour cream and salsa served on the side.​

512A1839-EA64-47F2-BF62-AAC50F47F1C1.jpeg

I’m not sure what we were expecting, but cold rice is gross. Luke wasn’t super impressed by his choice at all, I tried it and wouldn’t order it myself. I was apprehensive of my selection, I don’t love spinach… or seeds of any kind… or feta… or cranberries – but I figured at least I could eat the chicken. I’m not sure if I was really hungry, but I ended up quite enjoying this salad - and I realized I am ok with feta haha. I'm generally a picky eater, but I actually did try to expand my palate a bit on this trip. I just wish there was a bit more of the raspberry vinaigrette.

To kick off our vacation right, we both ordered alcohol on the flight (something we rarely do).​

8F11E08A-4A0C-4F57-94FE-F9033942D890-e1531110562434-225x300.jpeg

Luke went for a classic, and had rum and Coke. I decided to really celebrate the right way, and ordered sparkling wine. I’m not a huge wine drinker, but it just seemed so fitting to toast the next two weeks.

B1F8FE81-28D8-4ADE-8386-C35734596DFD-e1531110644266-225x300.jpeg

Can't wait to read all about it. I think I would almost rather just bring a PB&J and snacks from home instead of that lunch, lol. Yours I could mabe do...that is just a No to Lukes.

following along

Welcome!

Following along!

Thanks for joining!

Can't wait to read all about it. I think I would almost rather just bring a PB&J and snacks from home instead of that lunch, lol. Yours I could mabe do...that is just a No to Lukes.

Welcome!

Yeah, Luke's lunch was gross. We've flown a few times with WestJet since then, and he's found a Chicken Sandwich that he's ok with. I've stuck with the salad, I actually quite enjoy it.

Following along!

Welcome, thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!