Che Fartsmith's Is the (Starts with B) Trash! No, BEST! 2 weeks of Disney Dining! Update: 10/28

I'm joining in on all the delicious details!

Welcome!

Joining in!

Thanks for joining!

Following along!

Welcome!

Reading along too!

Hi Lesley! :wave:Thanks for joining!

Welcome!

Following!

Welcome!

Ooh a nice long trip.
I’m in

Our next trip is back to only being a week long, I’m going to miss the extra week for sure!

Yay following along!

Thanks for joining in!

Tony's Town Square
Supper - December 30, 2017

For our first meal on our trip, we decided to try something new and made a reservation at Tony’s Town Square (despite all the negative reviews). It was December 30th, and we figured the park would be really busy, so we really wanted to make sure we had an ADR. We made it for quite late (like 9:30pm late), just to give ourselves wiggle room in case our flight was delayed (which turned out to be a good call – we were never in danger of missing our reservation, but our flight was over an hour late).

We checked in, and had a bit of a wait before being called. We were eventually led to a 4-top table in the back corner, and handed our menus.

3F32423E-FD0D-49B1-9A1D-B5D8113B337C-e1518327690803-225x300.jpeg

BC5E8A05-F132-4C58-A36E-DEAE1D5FF136-e1518324526410-225x300.jpeg

9DFAF8AF-7B9B-4E8A-90AD-14EB184FF871-e1518398428711-225x300.jpeg

We were brought a plate of bread with some oil while we read over the menu. We were both really hungry after a day of traveling, and we crushed the bread fairly quickly and then said yes to a second plate haha (which was also devoured instantly). The bread itself wasn't really anything super spectacular, but it was carbs - my favourite food group. I really enjoyed the spices/seasoning that was mixed in with the oil (although I’m fairly certain it was just basic Italian seasoning). #Imnotfancy

B67E6E40-EF02-42B2-85A7-000423482AAE-e1518388946563-225x300.jpeg

We decided that since it was the first night of our wedding trip, we would do something we’ve never done at a restaurant before – order a bottle of wine! #treatyoself

tumblr_mda955UTtT1qhie48o10_250-thumb-700x483-187033.gif

Keep in mind, I’m fussy with wine, and the only way I’d agree to drinking any of this was if it was a really sweet wine – so Luke, being the great husband he is (although he was still technically just my fiancé at this point), agreed to split a bottle of Moscato with me.​

Coppo Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti, Piedmont – refreshing aromas and flavours of tropical fruit and sugar cane with a touch of acidity on the finish – $39/bottle​

D0ED4C7C-DDD9-40D1-AF6C-3518C09D9852-e1518389020938-225x300.jpeg

This was really good Moscato! It was nice and sweet, just the way I like my wine, without being sickly sweet over the course of a bottle. I don’t understand the language they use to describe wine, I can never taste the difference between different kinds of fruits used – obviously I’m not a wine connoisseur seeing as I only drink Moscato haha - I think @ariane37 knows what I'm talking about! We had no issues finishing this bottle off (Luke drank way more than I did, I’m such a lightweight haha), and it wasn’t too expensive at all for restaurant prices (especially with my Tables in Wonderland card)!

For food, we skipped appetizers (as we almost always do - unless we're just making a meal of appys), and went straight for entrees. Luke went for the Chicken Parmigana – lightly breaded chicken breast with melted mozzarella and Tony’s Marinara Sauce over spaghetti $26.​

D8D91F19-B3BE-46D2-84BA-14540A33B901.jpeg

The spaghetti was nothing special, the sauce was basic but the chicken was cooked well. It gave Luke heartburn afterwards, but that's common for him with pasta (we pretty much only eat gluten free pasta at home - neither one of us are gluten free anymore (I was for about 5 years before being diagnosed with Crohn's), but we just prefer the taste of GF pasta. So, whenever we eat regular pasta we feel it sits a lot heavier in our stomach).

My eyes were larger than my belly, and I ordered the Italian Trio – three classic favourites on one dish. Chicken Parmigiana, baked rigatoni and fettucine alfredo $32.​

6B7618C9-E3F5-4C56-AB73-DCD7C68B0C75.jpeg

I’m not a huge fan of alfredo sauce typically, but this was really good (I think - or I was still really hungry and feeling the effects of the wine)! The chicken parm was standard, but tasty and the baked rigatoni was surpisingly one of the stars of this entire plate. I expected the bowl of baked rigatoni to be fairly basic, but it was so good!

There’s really nothing special about the food at this restaurant, but overall it was tasty and hit the spot. We had been led to believe that this restaurant wasn’t very good, so we went in with very low expectations – and we ended up being pleased with it! There’s no mistaking this place for fine dining, and there’s definitely better options on property, but I’m glad we went there and tried it – and we wouldn’t mind going back again one day..

The restaurant itself is really cute, with lots of Lady & the Tramp references (as seen on the menu above). The walls were decorated in artwork from the movie, and there was a giant fountain in the restaurant which was adorable.​

E3D914F2-09CC-4029-81AB-AC600AB66838.jpeg

3B19DA93-A17F-4CC9-8649-E83E7FEAB87F-300x225.jpeg

5CF3475A-A39E-436B-8017-E3D304545CD9-e1518398600696-225x300.jpeg

I purchased a Tables in Wonderland card for the first time ever (seeing as this was my first trip to WDW as an annual pass holder, it was the first time I was ever eligible for the card). The cost to purchase a TIW card is $150 (no tax), but it will allow you to save 20% on food and alcohol at many restaurants on property. It does add an auto-gratuity to your check of 18%, but Luke and I tend to tip that much anyways. Also, parties of 6 or more have the 18% auto-gratuity added on even without a TIW card, and we knew almost every meal during the entire second week of our vacation would be with at least 6 people at a time.

I wanted to track the numbers and see how much we ended up saving by purchasing the card, so the numbers will be shared at the bottom of each review! Keep in mind I didn’t calculate the 18% gratuity in the cost to break even, since we would have been paying that anyways.​

Tables in Wonderland Original Cost: $150
Break Even Point Before this Meal: $150
Savings this Meal: $19.40
Total until Breaking Even: $130.60
We also had done up a spreadsheet with estimated food costs per meal, and came on this trip planning to spend a little over $2600 on food (which is so much money, we were hoping to keep that lower, but at the same time not deny ourselves whatever we wanted since it was our wedding/honeymoon). I’ll be including those numbers at the bottom of each post as well so you can see how well we did with our estimations. Also – our estimated costs did NOT include tips, that was a separate calculation, and I will not be including tips in the actual cost listed here either (I subtracted the 18% auto-gratuity from our receipts to get the value of just our food/drink).
Predicted food budget: $2631.67 (I was precise haha)
Estimated Cost of this meal: $15(WestJet) + $37.87 (Pop Food Court - had we arrived on time) + $101.18 (Tony’s) = $154.05
Actual Cost: $19.48(WestJet - food only, Luke paid for the drinks & has no idea how much they were) +$0 (Pop Food Court) + $82.65 (Tony’s) = $102.13
Over/Under: Under by $51.92
Remaining: $2579.75

Last edited:

Following along. I like they you are showing food costs. We do this for our trips as well. I feel like at Disney it is a little easier as you know where you are going to eat and can have an idea of what the bill will be. I always think about the dining plan but when we do the math we never come out ahead so oop it is.

I'm in for this one, Fallon!
I wouldn't like those meals on a flight, however it's been forever since I was on a flight with a meal anyway! I do like JetBlue's snack choices though lol so hopefully they won't change them.

Coppo Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti, Piedmont – refreshing aromas and flavours of tropical fruit and sugar cane with a touch of acidity on the finish – $39/bottle

I think @ariane37 knows what I'm talking about!
:thumbsup2 I love my Moscato! And I've branched out to some Rieslings, too!

I've read quite a few more postive-or let's say, less negative-reviews of Tony's lately, so I guess I'm not 100% opposed to going there again. We just prefer other Italian places like Il Mulino and VN but we also don't love many MK TS's so it's possibly a choice now. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised with your first Disney meal of your special trip!

Ok, that is pretty cute! Love the hats!

I purchased a Tables in Wonderland card for the first time ever (seeing as this was my first trip to WDW as an annual pass holder, it was the first time I was ever eligible for the card). The cost to purchase a TIW card is $150 (no tax), but it will allow you to save 20% on food and alcohol at many restaurants on property. It does add an auto-gratuity to your check of 18%, but Luke and I tend to tip that much anyways. Also, parties of 6 or more have the 18% auto-gratuity added on even without a TIW card, and we knew almost every meal during the entire second week of our vacation would be with at least 6 people at a time.

I wanted to track the numbers and see how much we ended up saving by purchasing the card, so the numbers will be shared at the bottom of each review! Keep in mind I didn’t calculate the 18% gratuity in the cost to break even, since we would have been paying that anyways.​
Tables in Wonderland Original Cost: $150
Break Even Point Before this Meal: $150
Savings this Meal: $19.40
Total until Breaking Even: $130.60
I keep trying to determine if this would be worthwhile. But because I'll just be a solo diner for many of my meals, it doesn't work out financially (but just barely)!

Caught up! Woo hoo. Having new fun reports to read is making my terrible horrible no good very bad day much better.

We also had done up a spreadsheet with estimated food costs per meal, and came on this trip planning to spend a little over $2600 on food (which is so much money, we were hoping to keep that lower, but at the same time not deny ourselves whatever we wanted since it was our wedding/honeymoon). I’ll be including those numbers at the bottom of each post as well so you can see how well we did with our estimations. Also – our estimated costs did NOT include tips, that was a separate calculation, and I will not be including tips in the actual cost listed here either (I subtracted the 18% auto-gratuity from our receipts to get the value of just our food/drink).

How many nights were you there? We tend to run about $200 per day (on average) for food and alcohol, including tips and the TIW card. So your $2600 doesn't sound crazy to me! Our Disney food totals are always insanely high, but we tend to go during Epcot festivals (which is a poor value) and drink a lot (double poor value).

Tony's doesn't look too bad! Plus it was nice you had an ADR. Off to a great start!!

Fun report so far! We like Tony's too. We've been twice, had exceptional servers both time.

I ended up finally giving Tony's a chance as part of a DisMeet that I was invited to. The bad reviews had kept me away also, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised! I actually really enjoyed my meal there, and wouldn't hesitate to return. (And I disagree about the bread being nothing special... For some reason, I was obsessed with that bread! LOL)

The bread itself wasn't really anything super spectacular, but it was carbs - my favourite food group. I really enjoyed the spices/seasoning that was mixed in with the oil (although I’m fairly certain it was just basic Italian seasoning). #Imnotfancy
Same here. It's hard to mess up bread (though I've seen it done!). But I love seasonings in oil haha.
I’m not a huge fan of alfredo sauce typically, but this was really good (I think - or I was still really hungry and feeling the effects of the wine)!
:rotfl:
The restaurant itself is really cute, with lots of Lady & the Tramp references (as seen on the menu above). The walls were decorated in artwork from the movie, and there was a giant fountain in the restaurant which was adorable.
Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorites so I loved the themeing around here. And also that they had the movie on in the waiting area :D
There’s really nothing special about the food at this restaurant, but overall it was tasty and hit the spot. We had been led to believe that this restaurant wasn’t very good, so we went in with very low expectations – and we ended up being pleased with it! There’s no mistaking this place for fine dining, and there’s definitely better options on property, but I’m glad we went there and tried it – and we wouldn’t mind going back again one day..
I'm glad you guys had a good experience! I didn't want to go here based on what I'd read but Zack really wanted to and I couldn't talk him out of it :rotfl: At the time I don't think they had Alfredo on the menu except on the sampler platter. I'm not a red sauce fan so that really surprised me, and I wasn't a fan of what I ended up getting, but it was the only thing I would eat on the menu besides pizza. Zack keeps dropping hints to go back since they've added chicken alfredo to the menu...
I love this! Too cute!
I wanted to track the numbers and see how much we ended up saving by purchasing the card, so the numbers will be shared at the bottom of each review! Keep in mind I didn’t calculate the 18% gratuity in the cost to break even, since we would have been paying that anyways.
I love numbers! I'm a nerd! I did this too... I really debated if I should get it for our trip, since they had the 20% AP discount, but I kept track for all of our trips and we still came out ahead. It would have been a pretty big difference if they didn't have the 20% anniversary discounts though!

We have the parade dining package booked for our December trip. I wouldn't have picked Tonys but it's the only option. I do love Moscato so I might have to get a glass of two while we're there!

Following along. I like they you are showing food costs. We do this for our trips as well. I feel like at Disney it is a little easier as you know where you are going to eat and can have an idea of what the bill will be. I always think about the dining plan but when we do the math we never come out ahead so oop it is.

We used the dining plan on our first trip, and while we did come out ahead cost wise, it just doesn't make sense for us to use it again. I was so focused on ordering the most expensive items (even if it wasn't something I wanted), and I don't typically want dessert in a restaurant.

I still can't bring myself to go to Tony's, but it doesn't look too bad. Maybe someday!

Yeah, it wasn't our first choice, but it was December 30th and there were not a ton of options. It ended up being not too bad at all!

OMG we call it Chez Fart Smith's too! Joining :)

I'm glad we're not alone! Hahaha!

I'm in for this one, Fallon!
I wouldn't like those meals on a flight, however it's been forever since I was on a flight with a meal anyway! I do like JetBlue's snack choices though lol so hopefully they won't change them.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked my salad - I've had it again on flights since then, and I've decided I really like feta haha.

I:thumbsup2 I love my Moscato! And I've branched out to some Rieslings, too!

I've had a few Rieslings I've enjoyed as well! I think my favourite is Pink Moscato though!

II've read quite a few more postive-or let's say, less negative-reviews of Tony's lately, so I guess I'm not 100% opposed to going there again. We just prefer other Italian places like Il Mulino and VN but we also don't love many MK TS's so it's possibly a choice now. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised with your first Disney meal of your special trip!

I'm sure Il Mulino would blow Tony's away in quality, but there really are not a lot of choices in MK! We weren't sure how busy the park would be, or if it would hit some levels of closure that day (it didn't) - but we wanted to have a reservation just in case! Even if the park had hit a Level 3 closure, we would have been able to get in since we were staying on site, had an ADR and Fastpasses, and I was an Annual Passholder.

Ok, that is pretty cute! Love the hats!

I thought it was adorable! Most of the restaurant was empty by the time we left, so I was able to get some decent pictures of the decor :)

I keep trying to determine if this would be worthwhile. But because I'll just be a solo diner for many of my meals, it doesn't work out financially (but just barely)!

I can see how it'd be difficult to break even as a solo traveler. We had a large group for the second week, so I knew we'd more than break even.

Caught up! Woo hoo. Having new fun reports to read is making my terrible horrible no good very bad day much better.

I'm so far behind on everyone's reports - including yours from last fall! Working 50+ hours a week on night shift has really limited my Disboards time. :sad2:

How many nights were you there? We tend to run about $200 per day (on average) for food and alcohol, including tips and the TIW card. So your $2600 doesn't sound crazy to me! Our Disney food totals are always insanely high, but we tend to go during Epcot festivals (which is a poor value) and drink a lot (double poor value).

We were there for 14 nights, but our $2600 total did not include our wedding day food costs... that would have doubled our total :scared:

Tony's doesn't look too bad! Plus it was nice you had an ADR. Off to a great start!!

We didn't have high expectations for Tony's, but it was ended up being perfectly ok haha. It was nice to have a bottle of wine in Magic Kingdom though!

Fun report so far! We like Tony's too. We've been twice, had exceptional servers both time.

Thanks for joining in!

I ended up finally giving Tony's a chance as part of a DisMeet that I was invited to. The bad reviews had kept me away also, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised! I actually really enjoyed my meal there, and wouldn't hesitate to return. (And I disagree about the bread being nothing special... For some reason, I was obsessed with that bread! LOL)

We ate two plates of that bread haha :rolleyes1. The bad reviews kept us away for a few trips as well, but it was not anywhere near as bad as we were led to believe! I'd go back again!

Same here. It's hard to mess up bread (though I've seen it done!). But I love seasonings in oil haha.

Bread is one of my favourite foods haha, so I agree with you that's difficult to mess up! The seasoning in the oil was so good!

If I'm hungry enough, I'll eat just about anything haha

Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorites so I loved the themeing around here. And also that they had the movie on in the waiting area :D

It's such a cute restaurant!

I'm glad you guys had a good experience! I didn't want to go here based on what I'd read but Zack really wanted to and I couldn't talk him out of it :rotfl: At the time I don't think they had Alfredo on the menu except on the sampler platter. I'm not a red sauce fan so that really surprised me, and I wasn't a fan of what I ended up getting, but it was the only thing I would eat on the menu besides pizza. Zack keeps dropping hints to go back since they've added chicken alfredo to the menu...

That's too bad you didn't like what you got, but at least the bread was good!

I love this! Too cute!

I thought their Christmas hats were so cute!

I love numbers! I'm a nerd! I did this too... I really debated if I should get it for our trip, since they had the 20% AP discount, but I kept track for all of our trips and we still came out ahead. It would have been a pretty big difference if they didn't have the 20% anniversary discounts though!

I get a little crazy with numbers when it comes to planning trips to WDW - but I'm the complete opposite for Disneyland trips haha.

I like that the Tables card includes a 20% discount on alcohol - we did a lot more drinking on this trip than usual!

We have the parade dining package booked for our December trip. I wouldn't have picked Tonys but it's the only option. I do love Moscato so I might have to get a glass of two while we're there!

Just don't expect super fancy dining, and you'll probably be ok with your meal.

Also - what dates are you going in December? That's when our next trip is!

I'm so far behind on everyone's reports - including yours from last fall! Working 50+ hours a week on night shift has really limited my Disboards time. :sad2:

No worries, it's understood! I have been bad about being a lurker lately instead of posting comments as I go along as my phone and the boards don't play nice sometimes and I often can't get posts to multi quote (and I don't want to quote someone's ENTIRE post!). I tend to read updates in bed with coffee so if I can't post from my phone I can't comment... :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter