Chatted up a CM at local DS

TiggerFreak

Never goes gankin on the Internizzle
Stopped by one of our local DS stores and talked to a CM aquaintance. Two tidbits.

1. Store used to have a gallery, which we all miss dearly. But unfortunately or fortunately, depending on which camp your in, it is doing better numbers with the new format. If this store is an indication of how other old gallery stores are faring, it looks like there will be no more Galleries outside of the Parks :(

2. After telling CM about the recent exec firings in Anaheim. We dicussed ME's future. It seems that ME used to send a "state of the company/peptalk" letter out to the stores every month, but they haven't seen one in 3 months :rolleyes: Maybe ME is too busy trying to save his hide:cool:

Is there still a gallery at Somerset Mall or is that the mall you were talking about?

That is the one.
The side that was the Gallery is now Princess clothing, bedroom furniture and linens, Character of the Month(?) clothing and accessories. The back half where the cells were is now a Baby merchandi$e area.

Almost no adult clothing, sometimes 3 diferent tshirts:(
About the only thing that keeps me going is the pins and even those look like they are being phased out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter