Chase UR for Disneyland trip?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I know this is a long shot but does anyone here have any experience using UR's for a Disneyland trip? I was hoping to get an onsite hotel through the UR travel site but none are showing up. I plan on using UR's for a hotel within walking distance to the parks and for our rental car from LAX. If anyone has any tips or advice they are greatly appreciated :)

I know this is a long shot but does anyone here have any experience using UR's for a Disneyland trip? I was hoping to get an onsite hotel through the UR travel site but none are showing up. I plan on using UR's for a hotel within walking distance to the parks and for our rental car from LAX. If anyone has any tips or advice they are greatly appreciated :)
You could make your travel reservations where you wish and just pay for it with your Chase Visa. When the bill comes, go to the UR portal on the chase .com website and choose cash back. The "cash back" can be issued as a statement credit. This is not the best use of your points (booking directly thru their travel portal gets you 25% more value for your points). However, this will allow you to book the Disney hotel you want and still pay for it with your UR.

Thanks. I didnt know this was an option . I'm going to book something through the portal though. I transferred points to DH's CSR so they are worth 1.5x and I don't want to give that up !

You could make your travel reservations where you wish and just pay for it with your Chase Visa. When the bill comes, go to the UR portal on the chase .com website and choose cash back. The "cash back" can be issued as a statement credit. This is not the best use of your points (booking directly thru their travel portal gets you 25% more value for your points). However, this will allow you to book the Disney hotel you want and still pay for it with your UR.
I actually didn't know this either.... so that amount my points are worth at the top of my points page, it would be that amount credited back,like 100 points for $100?

I actually didn't know this either.... so that amount my points are worth at the top of my points page, it would be that amount credited back,like 100 points for $100?
100 UR pts. = $1

But yes, that's how it would work. You could also use a different CC for the reservation if it gives you better rewards. Then, request cash back in the form of a check. 100 UR pts. still equals $1 in that case as well. Request your check, deposit it in your checking account and then use it to pay your other CC when the bill comes. You can cash out the entire amount or you can request just enough to cover the bill.

ETA: I just went back into my UR account and it looks like you can request a direct deposit into the checking account. Easier than waiting for an actual check to be mailed!

Last edited:
I would try calling Chase to inquire about the specific hotels that you are interested in booking. Sometimes things don't show up on the website, but that doesn't mean that they can't be booked with your points. For example, cruises aren't available for online booking through the portal, but I was able to call in and use my UR points at 1.5x to book one. It was very easy.

Thanks. I didnt know this was an option . I'm going to book something through the portal though. I transferred points to DH's CSR so they are worth 1.5x and I don't want to give that up !
Uh, you will give that up redeeming for a statement credit. 1pt = $0.01. Might as well pull the cash out now and stick it in your savings account to pay your bill when your trip hits.
ETA: to everyone asking I used to do this with Chase Freedom Unlimited & I loved how easy it was. Cash went straight to my checking account within a few days after redemption!

(Chase makes the 1.5x redemption rate work because they book at wholesale rates & we redeem at market price. If you book travel elsewhere Chase doesn't get to pocket the difference so they don't pass along the extra redemption of 1.5x for travel booked through anyone else.)

Last edited:
Oh, I second calling Chase to double check- nothing to loose there. Also is there availability for your dates on the Disneyland website? (Maybe a silly q, but they do sell out so make sure that's not the problem.)

I would try calling Chase to inquire about the specific hotels that you are interested in booking. Sometimes things don't show up on the website, but that doesn't mean that they can't be booked with your points. For example, cruises aren't available for online booking through the portal, but I was able to call in and use my UR points at 1.5x to book one. It was very easy.
Also worth noting for anyone who stumbles on this thread Southwest is bookable using UR but you have to call in!

You CAN book onsite! I just looked up a random day in Aug and got all three GCH, DLH and PP! It was tricky, I had to type in "Grand Californian" to get GCH, "Disneyland Hotel" for DLH and "Paradise Pier" for PP. Ridiculous system! "Disney" or "Disneyland" should have worked but whatever, at least Chase's UR IT isn't as bad as Disney IT! If the searches fail Sort all the Anaheim hotels by name or sort by price hightest to lowest (GCH and DLH show up quickest with that sort).

OP, I hope you can find what you're looking for! They onsite hotels are all available to be booked via UR and your 1.5 redemption rate!

ETA now if we could just buy Disneyland tickets through UR Chase would have me as customer forever!

You CAN book onsite! I just looked up a random day in Aug and got all three GCH, DLH and PP! It was tricky, I had to type in "Grand Californian" to get GCH, "Disneyland Hotel" for DLH and "Paradise Pier" for PP. Ridiculous system! "Disney" or "Disneyland" should have worked but whatever, at least Chase's UR IT isn't as bad as Disney IT! If the searches fail Sort all the Anaheim hotels by name or sort by price hightest to lowest (GCH and DLH show up quickest with that sort).

OP, I hope you can find what you're looking for! They onsite hotels are all available to be booked via UR and your 1.5 redemption rate!

ETA now if we could just buy Disneyland tickets through UR Chase would have me as customer forever!

Aren't Disneyland tickets available through Expedia? You would think they would also be available through UR as well then.

Aren't Disneyland tickets available through Expedia? You would think they would also be available through UR as well then.
Right?! I haven't called to double check but it's not unprecedented. 1 day park to park Universal tickets are available on Expedia but not on UR- I called Chase to double check and they confirmed not available via UR. I suspect it's because the commission cuts on those tickets aren't high enough for Chase to sell them through their UR portal. I should call them to double check about DL tickets but I'm too lazy without an upcoming trip right now ;)

Uh, you will give that up redeeming for a statement credit. 1pt = $0.01. Might as well pull the cash out now and stick it in your savings account to pay your bill when your trip hits.
ETA: to everyone asking I used to do this with Chase Freedom Unlimited & I loved how easy it was. Cash went straight to my checking account within a few days after redemption!

(Chase makes the 1.5x redemption rate work because they book at wholesale rates & we redeem at market price. If you book travel elsewhere Chase doesn't get to pocket the difference so they don't pass along the extra redemption of 1.5x for travel booked through anyone else.)
Thanks gottalovepluto but I'm not following you....I'm not redeeming for a statement credit. Am I missing something ? I'm going to book something, most likely close, but offsite using all UR's.

Last edited:
Thanks gottalovepluto but I'm not following you....I'm not redeeming for a statement credit. Am I missing something ? I'm going to book something, most likely close, but offsite using all UR's.
ROFL. My mistake! Sorry I thought you'd decided to go the statement redemption route & I was like "Nooo!!!" my misread! BTW, if you have q's about the offsite hotels (there are a lot of them quite close to DL) hop over to the DL thread! People have stayed at pretty much all of them, super helpful!

I stayed at the Sheraton Park Hotel using SPG points last November. It was a close walk and a nice hotel at a reasonable points value. Not sure what it would be like in UR points, but worth considering if you are looking offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!