Charles

Back to the original topic.... I wanted to throw my opinion in.

I very much appreciate Charles' reviews during the dining shows. In my opinion his descriptions of textures and flavors are fantastic. I feel that when the DIS does their dining reviews, they have a fairly diverse group of dining tastes in their parties and that Charles' tastes are very close to my own. I appreciate how he is able to describe his meal and a lot of times, he is able to do it on the fly without putting a lot of thought into what he is going to say. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate ALL of the reviewers, but Charles' reviews are the ones I would say aligns more to my food tastes.

I also really enjoy reading his articles about patents as well.

Keep on keepin' on Charles!

He’s ok, though I am not a fan of him making love to the camera all the time. I feel used, haha. I still like him a lot better than when I watch the Daily Fix and Tom “Mr. Personality” Bell appears...

I've become a big fan of Charles.... as an introvert also, his insight helps the others on the show who may not be aware of things, like really NOT wanting to participate in going on stage during a show, etc. He's also smart and funny and I do like how he's dressed, Florida weather or not.

One of things I don't like about being in Florida is not being able to dress nicely in layers often due to the heat.

When Charles first appeared on the shows he was a little awkward and every other word was an "um" but he has matured well and I, like many others, have come to appreciate his contributions and his knowledge. As far as the way he dresses well that is totally a personal choice but a choice that I think is in pretty good taste so more power to your elbow Charles and keep on doing what you are doing!

It’s always a bit strange when new members of the team are introduced, and at first I wasn’t sure, but now Charles’ opinions and wry sense of humour really play a big part in my enjoyment of the show.
At first he seemed a little awkward, but that is entirely understandable in any job when there is a new member of the team.
He has a lot of knowledge about WDW which I wasn’t expecting, oh and I love the way he dresses! (Maybe because I’m English!)

Besides, the man consistently wears a tie (can we see more bows?). Personally, I think it would be very unique and interesting to see one (1) DU episode where the entire panel sports ties (including the ladies if on the panel).:duck:

I hated wearing ties in my career, but understood the legacy and complied. Maybe Charles is a trendsetter for DU?

I have noticed Charles in a bow tie and vest in the parks & the restaurants always....but yet sometimes doing dis unplugged he is in a raglan baseball type shirt much more relaxed looking?!:confused3

I love the insights and perspectives Charles adds to the program. I enjoy the enthusiasm from everyone who have spent years going to the same parks and find fresh experiences to share. I do enjoy Pete's expression of an attraction "needing a little love".

Has there ever been a show touring the parks with younger kids in tow?
I think it might bring a new perspective to the dining show, best and worst, etc.
(Entertaining to those of us who always have a kiddo in our vacation party.)

Last edited:
Good Lord its easy to point ppls flaws when your behind a computer screen, I have to wonder if OP thinks hes nearly perfect and how does he handle real life criticism about him/herself?

We are all here to discuss Disney and our love of it, how does stating your opinion about one of the DIS team fit into that? Adult bullying is sad and something that doesnt belong in a place like this..

Its not our place to deem who is part of the DIS, it doesnt matter who you like,it wont change anything...

I feel bad because he was so intense at the start that I just didn't "get him". He's now one of a my faves, I completely get his humour, especially when it is with the long descriptive metaphors in a negative review. The irony for me is he has a very similar personality to my own at times, and I often find it takes time for others to learn my "craic". It helps that he seems more comfortable to take a swing with his inputs because the rest of the team also seem to get him more now and they are likely to be hits. I love the dry delivery of Craig and Charles is adding more of that to the show. Consider me a big fan of him now.

Does anybody else read Charles' articles in his voice, and inflection...?

Just me..?

I'll show myself out...:tiptoe:

Does anybody else read Charles' articles in his voice, and inflection...?

Just me..?

I'll show myself out...:tiptoe:
I hear voices in my head all the time.
Oh - did I just really SAY that? :crazy: :rotfl2:

Forgot to post before - I resisted the urge to buy a t-shirt years ago to wear around a boss who had an MSW (it was NOT connected to the job he supervised me in at all!), so always thought he could "psychobabble" me and everyone else, which drove/still drives me NUTS (pun intended!). The t-shirt said "I hear voices in my head, and they told me they don't like you". :joker:

Last edited:
Not sure if Charles has the personality for it, but this show needs a devil's advocate.

Charles is best when he's asking questions for the viewer as when he hasn't experienced the topic at hand (toystory ep).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter