Charges for dinner reservations

dvc guy

DIS Veteran
Did I miss something??? When did disney start the policy of charging your credit card($10.00) if you don't show up for your reservation at Epcot World Showcase restaurants??

My my, this is an interesting turn of events if it's true! And none to soon, IMHO. Hopefully they'll implement this resort-wide.
-Andrew

Where did you hear/see this?

As far as I know, the only time a WDW restaurant charges $10 for a no show is for the princess character breakfast at the castle - i.e., CRT. Disney does ask for a credit card to hold a reservation on major Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what the actual charge for a no show is for those situations, however. It may be $10.

I just made several PS reservations for WS restaurants for the first week of December and not one required a credit card to hold it. No "depost" requirements either.

IMHO, you have been misinformed.

When I made our PS for NYE they asked for a CC and if you cancel 48hrs ahead then you will not be charged. I was told that it was a policy for holidays dinning. I guess they want to make sure that you keep the ressie's you make. They didn't ask for a CC for the other ressie's I made for 12/30/023. Just the 12/31/02. The $10.00 is charged only of you don't show up.

Maybe some one else can add to this.
;)

Yes, on New Years Eve, Christmas, Thanksgiving( pretty much any holiday dining)as well as CRT, you are required to give cc info and they will charge you if you don't cancel in the time allotted. It is not for all WS restaurants. I made 6 PS ressies, 4 of them in WS at Epcot and none required me to leave a credit card.

Thanks. Now I have my answer. I made a PS for Christmas Day and they took my credit card, but not for the other 5 nights. Hard to believe there is a rush for Mexican Food on that Day.

I made one in MGM for xmas day and was told about the $10/per person charge without 49 hour notice and had to leave CC #. CM said it was special for holidays. This PS was for xmas day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter