Charcoal

TexasTerri

Earning My Ears
Hi All, I'm planning my grocery delivery order for our cabin stay on 5-30. DH wants to grill. Do I need to order a bag of Kingsford along with starter fluid, or is their another kind that doesn't require the fluid? I know nothing about grilling & not sure of the fire rules.

Also, I read that if we're going to use the Disney grill (we are) I might need to bring a new clean grate. Does anyone know what size I should get? Otherwise, I suppose I can cover it in tin foil?

Last, do I need coffee & filters, or does Mousekeeping provide that daily? If they don't, what size filters, or is it one of those Keurig pod things?

Thanks.

I like to use Kingsford "Match Light" charcoal. If it isn't to windy, it doesn't require lighter fluid, but I would still order some just in case. The real benefit with Match light is that your food won't last like it was bathed in lighter fluid.

Foil should be fine, or maybe just a grill brush to clean it off.

Cant comment on coffee filters, or exact specifics, as Ive never actually stayed at Fort Wilderness before, but I grill at home regularly.

Hi All, I'm planning my grocery delivery order for our cabin stay on 5-30. DH wants to grill. Do I need to order a bag of Kingsford along with starter fluid, or is their another kind that doesn't require the fluid? I know nothing about grilling & not sure of the fire rules.

Also, I read that if we're going to use the Disney grill (we are) I might need to bring a new clean grate. Does anyone know what size I should get? Otherwise, I suppose I can cover it in tin foil?

Last, do I need coffee & filters, or does Mousekeeping provide that daily? If they don't, what size filters, or is it one of those Keurig pod things?

Thanks.
We got match light and didn't need lighter fluid. We just used foil to cover the grates. We got some small packs of matches from the trading post. Ask the cast member at the checkout if they have some so you don't have to buy a big box. I didn't want to get a lighter either so the small packs were perfect.

Perfect, thanks. Hopefully someone will come along that knows about the coffee situation.

From what I read on the resort boards it is a standard 12 cup coffee maker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter