Character meets

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
I know that some of the characters are very popular and the guide books recommend getting in line to see them first thing in the morning (if meeting them is important to your kids.) So I imagine we'll stop to see Mickey's house, Minnie's house.

For characters that don't have a particular location or are not always available, should we also try to see them early in the day, or is that something we can do in the late morning or late afternoon? The Toy Story characters are going to be a must-see for our boys, and I just want to get an idea of what to expect so that we don't spend all our time in long lines instead of enjoying other attractions.

Thanks!

The characters are typically out for about 30 minutes at a time (this won't be the case at Mickey's or Minnie's houses). Most of the time I see Woody and Jessie, they're in front of Pioneer Mercantile (though on occasion they're elsewhere in Frontierland). The best bet to see them is to wait in an area you can see where they'll be coming out from (the "fireworks" door near Stage Door Cafe) and follow them to their meet & greet spot. Typically they're out on the hour for the first few greetings, then on the half hour for the last few (I think the last one is at 4:30 or so).

My recomendation is to take the opportunity to meet any character when you see them. It maybe the only chance you'll get!

Thank you both!

So it sounds like we would not see characters in the evening. They are available during 'regular business hours' only? With heading back to the hotel for the little one's nap, I want to make sure we get to meet a few characters (other than the ones we'll see at a character breakfast.)

I have found we see far more at CA then at Dl . We saw Donald there and were told that seeing him is very rare!

You can find random characters right inside the gates to DL from park opening (or earlier) for about 30 minutes. Just under the train tracks you'll usually find classic characters like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc plus usually Mary Poppins and Alice. This, too is usually the first 30-60 minutes from opening. The princesses are on either side of the castle and Ariel is in her grotto until around 3pm. Pooh and friends are always out by the Pooh ride until around 3 also.

Random character sightings include Woody, Jesse, Pocohontas and Pecos Goofy near Thunder Mountain, Jasmine, Genie, Tarzan, Jane and Baloo between Tiki Room and Tarzan's Tree House and Chip & Dale, Pluto, Goofy and Donald near the Gag Factory in Toon Town and of course, Mickey and Minnie at their houses.

Hope that helps.

Jemilah, Donald is a rare sighting? I wonder why, I figured as one of the main 5 characters he'd be seen frequently.

Thanks, Cinderella_mom, for tips on where to come across the characters. I do hope we get a lot of interaction (and photo ops!) with them. :goodvibes

It's a height issue--whoever is playing Donald has to be under 5 feet tall.

I have on rare occasions seen characters in the evenings, usually on less crowded days than we've had lately, though.

Oh, I think I did read somewhere about Donald's height restriction, thank you. That makes sense!

You can always ask where characters will be, too, at the info booth on Main Street. This is what we did for a few, including Buzz. My dd was determined to get her autograph book filled with Princesses, and was saving the last pages for Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White. The last page was Snow White, and we were able to know exactly where and when she would be next. We were the second one in line, as we went to that spot about 5-10 minutes ahead of time to wait for her. And let me tell you, that line formed really quick behind us!

We asked about Buzz, also, for ds, but when we found him, he wasn't doing autographs. His CM assured us he would be soon, and they left for a quick break. When Buzz came back, he went in the opposite direction, and 19 month old ds and I chased him all over Tomorrowland!! We finally got our autograph, though, and ds was thrilled!

Okay, long story, but basically, ask where the characters are. You will get specific answers so you can plan your day.

iceskatejen said:
It's a height issue--whoever is playing Donald has to be under 5 feet tall.

I have on rare occasions seen characters in the evenings, usually on less crowded days than we've had lately, though.

I read that it's due to the large bill. It's difficult for DOnald to see anything up close, or anything below him. (Therefore difficult for signings with children.) At WDW, you could only find him standing still at Chef Mickey's. He was the only character that wouldn't make the rounds to the tables. I also noticed he had to lift the autograph book to the sky so he could see what he was writing. Not the most pleasant costume :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter