Character meals

allenp

Earning My Ears
Which charcter meal would you recommend for two adults and two 14 year old girls?

My family has been to the breakast character dining at both Cinderella's Royal Table and also at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.
CRT is really cool getting to go up into the castle and the princesses are beautiful! The food is good too! Smaller and quieter atmosphere than Chef Mickey's.

Chef Mickey's was a large area. The characters didn't seem to spend as much time at our table as the princesses did at CRT. The breakfast buffet was great.

I've also wanted to try 1900 Park Fare. Your 14-year-old daughters may like that best because it has Cinderella AND Prince Charming in addition to the Fairy Godmother!

My take:

Who do you want to see: Mickey? Princesses? Pooh? Minnie? Donald?

What meal do you want to eat: Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Ice Cream?

Do you have a preference for serving style: Family Style? Buffet? Plated?

Where are you going to be: MK? Epcot? AK? Which resort are you staying at: Poly? Y&BC?

How much do you want to spend?

How important is each of these things to you? Is seeing Cinderella important enough to make the phone call in the wee hours of the morning? Is the cost savings of the Ice Cream Social important enough to arrange to be in Epcot that day?

For instance, wanting to see Minnie and staying at the Y&BC makes Cape May a no-brainer - unless you hate buffets. It might make princesses at Epcot more attractive than princesses at CRT. Wanting a dinner buffet will likely send you to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace, where if you prefer plated or family style, Garden Grill or LTT might get more points. Only Garden Grill offers the lower cost ice cream social option.

In my mind, none of the food is out of this world. And character interaction is a flaky thing - some people will get great character interaction at CRT, the next post will be about how rushed they felt and how the Princesses barely stopped for long enough to snap a photo. So go for the objective, not the subjective - at least to narrow your choices.

Originally posted by crisi
My take:

Who do you want to see: Mickey? Princesses? Pooh? Minnie? Donald?

What meal do you want to eat: Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Ice Cream?

Do you have a preference for serving style: Family Style? Buffet? Plated?

Where are you going to be: MK? Epcot? AK? Which resort are you staying at: Poly? Y&BC?

How much do you want to spend?

How important is each of these things to you? Is seeing Cinderella important enough to make the phone call in the wee hours of the morning? Is the cost savings of the Ice Cream Social important enough to arrange to be in Epcot that day?

For instance, wanting to see Minnie and staying at the Y&BC makes Cape May a no-brainer - unless you hate buffets. It might make princesses at Epcot more attractive than princesses at CRT. Wanting a dinner buffet will likely send you to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace, where if you prefer plated or family style, Garden Grill or LTT might get more points. Only Garden Grill offers the lower cost ice cream social option.

In my mind, none of the food is out of this world. And character interaction is a flaky thing - some people will get great character interaction at CRT, the next post will be about how rushed they felt and how the Princesses barely stopped for long enough to snap a photo. So go for the objective, not the subjective - at least to narrow your choices.

What she said.

=)

Like they said before me, it really all depends on who you want to see, where you want to be and what you want to eat. However, for us, we love the Crystal Palace. You dine with Pooh and Friends, you eat GREAT food and have an amazing view of the castle. It is buffet style so you may be wary, but not to fear...the food is AMAZING! They keep it hot and fresh and the major plus to buffet is...you don't have to wait for it, you can go right up and get it! Also, you and your girls (unless they feel too old) can be in a parade they have about every half hour!).

My personal favorite has always been Chef Mickey's for dinner. The food was very good and there were lots of characters.

My top pic is the Crystal Palace. This place is great for all meals. I would also recommend the Liberty Tree Tavern & the Garden Grill.

I can only recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast, since I had dinner there last trip and it was the worst meal I've ever had on WDW property.

Some great non-character places to dine are:
Cindy's
O'Hana's
California Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse
50's Primetime
Le Cellier
Rose & Crown

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter