~~~~Character Game!!~~~~

Pegasus!

I'd say Snow White was the most politically incorrect Disney character ever. Wow, this should go on the debate board :p .

This character's favourite colour is pink.

Pocahontas? Politically incorrect? No way! Cruella De Vil's right! Come <i>on</i> people...how could someone who smokes like a chimney, flaunts around town in a huge fur coat and wants to kill pupped be politically correct?? :rolleyes:

I think Poca could be un-PC if you think about how some native americans got pissed off, but she's not the most un-PC character in Disney history.

Now Timon and Pumbaa...they're runners up. *grin*

Pink??? Uhhhhh...Daisy Duck?

-JC

No, I disagree about Cruella. Yeah, she does all those things, but she's the villain . Snow White is a female role model who cooks, cleans, and waits for her prince to come.

Wow, we could discuss this for years. Who do you think is the post politically incorrect Disney character? :confused: :p

Anway, back to the game:

is pink and purple, speaks in riddles, and a smile that really stands out (imo)

Hmmmm....Is that Figment. I never got to see him in the old Journey Into the Imagination, so I don't know if he speaks in riddles, but he is pink and purple, and his smile stands out :D , so final answer, Figment. :D

Ok, this character wants more than her 'provinicial life'.

the correct answer wasnt figment it was the cheshire cat and urs is Belle
mine is- He's missing a piece and sleeps in a cupboard

Cheshire Cat - that makes a lot more sense than Figment. :p Well, I feel incredibly stupid now :D .

I'm hoping there aren't any characters with pieces missing who live in cupboards other than Chip from Beauty and the Beast, or my face will be very red :eek: :D

Right.....This character is a satyr (I think that's the right spelling :D ).

ok whats a satyr?? LOL...i have no clue..havent learned that word yet... :)

Maybe it is a bit hard :D .

I'll post a clue tomorrow if no-one else knows.

Yeah, PigSoldier, but don't most villains fall into the category of being a <i>politically correct</i> villain? Like think about it in context. Most archetypical (read: politically correct) Disney animated villains are dark-colored (think the Evil Queen, Maleficent, even the latest one, Yzma...), have diabolical, usually world-encompassing plans like to be the queen or king or even rule the world. All Cruella wanted was another fur coat. Also, you've gotta think about what was PC at the <i>time</i>. After all, the definition of 'politically' changes just about every five years, usually. In 1960, most archetypical women were percieved to fall into the category of a Snow White or Sleeping Beauty-type girl. This was before the filmic version of a 'liberated woman', to quote '60s vernacular, like Mulan or Pocahontas. See, Snow White may not be PC to some because she's like the <i>old</i> kind of female heroine who has to get rescued at the end of the movie by Prince Charming. Lately, we see more realistic (read: politically correct) girl characters who <i>rescue</i> eh...Prince Charming, thus being politically correct in this day and age. Who knows? Maybe Cruella de Vil would have been the hero if 101 Dalmatians were made hundreds of years ago. So thinking from the standpoint of when 101 was made 41 years ago, Cruella is still (to me, at least...) the most politically incorrect Disney character.

JC

Wow.

I'll have to think up a reply to that.

Just give me a few minutes/hours/days :D .

But ........Political correctness is a new concept. When Snow White or 101 Dalmations was made, the concept of political correctness wasn't invented. So if we are to judge Disney characters by political correctness, we'll have to judge them by today's standards.
And while a smoking, fur-wearing, puppy-killing woman is un-PC, she is still meant to be disliked. But Snow White is the heroine, the 'role model' of the film. She is perfectly happy to sit at home and cook and clean, just dreaming of the day when a man she's only met once to come and rescue her.

But then, its only a cartoon not to be taken seriously.

Snow White rules!!! :D

Good point, PigSoldier.

And...um...Political correctness has ALWAYS been around, in some way shape or form. People just talk about it more, because our society is changing in a way that promotes discussion and over on this side of the pond at least (meaning the USA), our politicians and corporations have blown small fortunes hiring people to analyze political correctness. I'm sure the concept was alive in the 60s, and that's why Cruella was invented. So my original question can be read as: who is the least politically correct character <i>relative</i> to the other characters by the standards of this day and age. Besides, I did forget to mention that a smoking fur-wearing NON-puppy killing woman like Cruella would probably not have been given a second thought. Also i'm kinda biased because 101 is my favorite all-time Disney movie. PigSoldier, right on! Thanks for the light debate, I needed that with my morning coffee. :cool:

Peace out,

JC

JC..........I think I'm also biased, due to the fact that I always think I'm right, and never think otherways :p .

Maybe we should get back to the game and agree to disagree. :D

Doesn't look like anyone knows what a satyr is, so I'll post a clue.....................Its an ancient Greek mythological creature.

That's Chip from BatB and you're right about it being the Cheshire Cat.

Anyway, this character is sassy, has sworn off men, and works for the villian of the movie.

Pigsoliders was Hercules right??
Jasmine1237s was Meg.
How about -
This character drinks potion to turn into an old hag.

That would be the witch from Snow White.

This canine character is a careless, hotdog lovin' city slicker.

That would be DA MAN....the guy who started it all...

WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

---------------------

My next one...this character gets mistakenly turned into a llama.

JC

from the Emperor's New Groove.

Ohhhhh! This charactor hasssss an aching sacroiliac.
(hope i spelled that well enough for you to guess :p )

Cheryl :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!