character etiqutte

Great tips!

The sticker idea is a great one, even if you can read.

I go to disneyclipart.com, save what I need, import them into a label making program, and print them out. We go through the signed book and my DS picks the sticker and puts it on the page. At bedtime, he likes to go through his book and all of his "Remember whens..."

Cost of Autograph book = $6.95
Cost of Fat Pen = $2.00
Cost of Vacation = $3000
Cost of Remember whens = PRICELESS!

I just want to compliment the idea of stickers in the autograph book. Even though for my family, we don't do autograph books with very young children I do like the stickers for those young children that have the autograph books and not be able to read.

As I said earlier my DD will be 6yrs old when we return and will be doing the autograph book for the first time and I will absolutly use this idea for her book. She will be able to read, but I think she will have fun putting the character stickers by their autographs to decorate the pages.

Thank you very much for such a creative idea.

Happy Easter to all!!:wave:

Thanks for the tips Angie, and great to hear from you.

As far as the autograph books, I found one last spring that had a plastic slot on each page that would hold a photograph of the character making the signature real easy to figure out.

The best one we got this time was Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Thanks for the tips Angie and glad to "hear" from you again. I especially agree with the tip about not forcing your kids to interact if they are scared. We took DGS for his first trip in December--he about choked his Dad to death trying to "escape" from Mickey at the Garden grill. Whenever we were in a line and he would change his mind, we wouldn't force the issue. 1--it wasn't fair to DGS since he was honestly afraid--you can't "reason" with a 2 year old--if they're afraid-they're afraid. period; 2--it wouldn't have been fair to the families behind us to take up TONS of time trying to get a picture when the characters are only out for a short while. 3--unlike many other families we knew we'd be making return trips. If you are not able to make return trips but have to have a picture of your child 'with " a character I'd suggest the photo shops where they take a picture of your child and insert it into another picture. When you get home most people won't be able to tell the difference and you'll have a picture. By the end of the trip he was a bit warmer. We just came back from a long weekend in March and what a difference a few months makes--he couldn't wait to meet the characters. He bounced with Tigger, danced with Cinderella, had Peter Pan and Hook fighting (they were re-enacting DGS's t-shirt picture) and had a blast. After each encounter he'd look at me and go "Who's next???".

are wonderful. We take a picture of our children with the each character. We have the character sign on the right page of the book and use corner tabs to place the photo on the left page. They get to see themselves with the character and know which character signed the book. I agree that photos should be taken as a group rather than individually in most cases, but if it is your child's favorite character than by all means take an individual shot because that is a photo they will cherish forever. We have 3 DSs and do one autograph book for them to share.

I think that since each child in my group waits in line, it is fair that each child gets an individual picture. It makes it special for each when they return home. A group picture is fine too!

I agree, if there are (say) 10 people in the group and they are all waiting in line, why can't each of them take a picture? What's the difference between 10 people in a group taking 10 pictures vs 10 separate individuals taking 10 separate pictures?

Also, if your child wants to go up to a character but is too scared, I have two suggestions.

- Try to make a compromise. DD (13) has been scared since she was 4 years old. However, she really really wanted an autograph. While dining at Crystal Palace for DS (9), we requested a booth where she could just sit and hand her autograph book over without actually being next to the characters.

- also, if its the masks they're afraid of, like DD, try someone like Cinderella or Peter Pan!

Great tips - unfortunately sometimes in excitement and haste manners get forgotten. I agree that taking a minute and helping someone else enjoy the magic increases ours!

I must mention that my girls have LOVED having the autograph books since before they could read. In fact my 2yo knew each signature in her book by heart even though she obviously could not read them. The sticker idea is a great one, as are the pictures on the opposite page of the autograph.

For us the autograph book helped as an ice breaker when my dd's were a bit shy to approach the character. Even Cinderella whom they had dreamed of meeting made them shy and uneasy to approch her. The autograph book game them a reason - and something to say, would you please sign my autograph book? IMHO if they wait the line they are entitled to the autograph, picture whatever they choose. I do always help with the pen and book though.

TJ

I think these tips are great. We just got back late last night. During our trip, my son, niece and nephew hit the character jackpot. They each got 25 autographs.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We came across many upset kids and parents because the character had to leave before they'd had a to chance to see them. When we came across the characters,I'd asked the CM how much longer they would be there before getting into line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter