• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Drawings in MK?

Cattriona

Earning My Ears
Morning all--

A decade ago, when hubby and I took our honeymoon at WDW, we were able to get a sketch from a Disney artist. They were free and not many folks appeared to know about them. You just lined up in one of the buildings on Main Street on a weekday afternoon and could talk to the artist and choose your drawing.

Anyone know if they still do this? I'd love to add a "sequel" drawing to our framed one.

Thanks

I haven't seen these in years. They used to do these in the Contemporary also. I had one done back in the early 80's.
I'm going in August with with my DD, DS, DW, MIL and FIL, and I'll take a look and report back. Though I don't know if you are returning to wdw yourself before then.

There are caricature drawings at the resorts but they're not free. I think there anywhere from $15 on up.

Don't know about the one in MK.

There were sketchers and caricature artist located in Liberty Square near the Hall of Presidents, but they were not free. I have never seen any free artists. Sorry I can't help!!

you can also get caricature drawings of yourself by an artist on the boardwalk at the Boardwalk resort. it is around 15 to 20 dollars. I am pretty sure they can draw you with a caricature of any character you wish, but it is more "crude" than something from the seasoned Disney Animators.

If you want to see/request a drawing of a Disney character from a Disney Animator, you can have that done at either the Art of Disney shop at Epcot or the one at Downtown Disney. (they have special times/days when they are there, so call to check first.) You can chat with them while they work on your or someone elses drawing. I don't think they will draw anything under the sun, but have a good selection of characters in a fair number of poses. This runs around 35 dollars unframed.

- lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter