• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character dining

Colanah

Earning My Ears
Six weeks to go (yeah!! :banana: )and wandering which Character meals to book.
Can anyone give me the current prices and times?
Also which one would you recomend and why?
Also do we get AP discount?

Thanks for your help :wave2:

:wave2:

We were at Disneyland this past June/July. We really enjoyed The Lilo & Stitch Aloha Breakfast at PCH Grill in Paradise Pier Hotel. Character interaction was great, not too crowded....we were even able to get Stitch and Lilo alone for private pictures with just us! The food was way better than anything I have had at Goofy's Kitchen (cheaper too)

Be sure to get a ps ahead of time.....imho: We would recommend it and do it again!!!!

We loved Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast, and thought the food was great. We were there at 7am, and had the characters to ourselves for almost 30 minutes! They came to our table about 4 times each - almost couldn't get the kids to eat!
Captain Mickey's at Ariel's Grotto was also great! The food was only soso - but the character interaction can't be beat! The kids did the limbo and the conga line with all of the characters including Mickey and Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald - we were there for lunch.
Have fun!

Just did Goofy's kitchen last week and wow the food was incredible. There was so many different things to pick from. The characters were great. If you do Goofy's Kitchen and you see Goofy pushing a wooden high chair with plastic kitchen items on it, follow him it is a great show!

We love Goofy's Kitchen for dinner and also really enjoyed the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Paradise Pier. Probably had the best character interraction there that we have ever had at Disneyland or WDW. Cap'n Mickeys/Ariel's Grotto is now a Princess lunch/dinner (still called Ariel's Grotto) and Mickey isn't there anymore. Minnie has a breakfast at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland, I haven't done that one since they changed it to a Minnie and friends theme. They have changed pretty much all of the character meals in last year or so except for Goofy's, its hard to keep up. I would click on that link another poster gave you and see what looks best for your family!

We just did the princess lunch at Ariel's Grotto. We loved it. I thought the food was pretty good. You chose a starter (salad, soup, etc.), an entree (we had the cheeseburger and fries), and a dessert (I had the rocky road ice cream brownie). They also bring cotton candy at the end of dessert. Prices are 20.99 for adults and about 13.00 for kids. They also give you an Ariel's Grotto button (pin) that has a picture of the princesses on it, as well has a pail and shovel.

The princesses at our lunch were: Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and Wendy from Peter Pan. (Not sure why she was there!) :) My husband thought it was Belle with her blue dress and asked her where her yellow dress was and she replied, "Why.....I am Wendy, Belle is on her way out!" with her accent. It was pretty funny.

The princesses came around to each table, signed autographs and took pictures and went on to the next table, so they do not spend much time at the tables. We were there for my daughter's 4th birthday and when they brought out her dessert the whole restaurant sang Happy Birthday to her. It was well worth it to us to be able to sit down and have the princesses all there, then trying to hunt them down at the parks. :)

I made a basic chart for the character meals for my trip to explain to my friends what would be going on....hope this helps ya! :earsboy:

fwr8yu.jpg

** i have this in word format if anyone would like a actual printable copy

I don't know if it was a bad day or what we really didn't enjoy the character breakfast at Plaza Inn. The food was very basic. Nothing extra special. I guess I'm use to those Disney World buffets like Crystal Palace. First they loss our table ticket. So we waited 1/2 hour beyond our seating time before realized they hadn't called us. Second it was the last seating of the day so they put us in a corner table that the characters couldn't even get to. The restaurant was practically empty. The tables were so close together Minnie couldn't even squeeze in. It made the character interaction very ackward. Finally, the food was not that great. I was expecting more choices especially for the price. They served fruit, pasteries, blintz, waffles, eggs, bacon, potatoes, ham, sausage. But like I said I'm really use to Disneyworld dining. So far on this trip I have not been impressed with the food.

RonnieJo66 said:
:wave2:

We were at Disneyland this past June/July. We really enjoyed The Lilo & Stitch Aloha Breakfast at PCH Grill in Paradise Pier Hotel. Character interaction was great, not too crowded....we were even able to get Stitch and Lilo alone for private pictures with just us! The food was way better than anything I have had at Goofy's Kitchen (cheaper too)

Be sure to get a ps ahead of time.....imho: We would recommend it and do it again!!!!

I second this statement! :love: DD liked the breakfast so much she requested we do it again in January. Food was good! I thought character interaction could have been better. Lilo and Stitch is a big improvement from Merlin of yester year.

Stay away from The Plaza Inn with Minnie and Friends. Huge wait to actually get food (about 45 minutes). Good character interraction, but food was marginal and NOT WORTH the WAIT! DD does not want to go back.

We have done Goofy's Kitchen many times. Character's are good, Food is okay, getting too pricey for my taste.

We have done Ariel's Grotto before the Princesses. We liked the restaurant and views of the park. Can't comment on the new Princess Venue.

Chip and Dale's had marginal interaction. Chip and Dale only character's and they don't come to the table. The kids can play with them in the front of the restaurant. Food was pretty good and the restaurant is nice. We have only done the character meal once.

Top Choice is PCH Grill for Lilo & Stitch. Food and atmosphere outweigh a couple of character's that we did not meet. Obviously, DD liked it otherwise she would not have asked to go back in January.

rsschneck said:
I second this statement! :love: DD liked the breakfast so much she requested we do it again in January. Food was good! I thought character interaction could have been better. Lilo and Stitch is a big improvement from Merlin of yester year.

Stay away from The Plaza Inn with Minnie and Friends. Huge wait to actually get food (about 45 minutes). Good character interraction, but food was marginal and NOT WORTH the WAIT! DD does not want to go back.

We have done Goofy's Kitchen many times. Character's are good, Food is okay, getting too pricey for my taste.

We have done Ariel's Grotto before the Princesses. We liked the restaurant and views of the park. Can't comment on the new Princess Venue.

Chip and Dale's had marginal interaction. Chip and Dale only character's and they don't come to the table. The kids can play with them in the front of the restaurant. Food was pretty good and the restaurant is nice. We have only done the character meal once.

Top Choice is PCH Grill for Lilo & Stitch. Food and atmosphere outweigh a couple of character's that we did not meet. Obviously, DD liked it otherwise she would not have asked to go back in January.

LOL! I second rsschneck many statements!

As far as the new princess venue at Ariel's Grotto is concerned, it was disappointing for the adults, but my DD4 absolutely loved it. What little princess fan wouldn't! The princesses visit in a very organized almost minute by minute pattern! lol Each of the princesses stop by each table once for a few minutes and when I say few I mean like two or three and NEXT! lol These visits occured right when the main course came so needless to say our meal was cold after all this! There was hardly any interaction and barely enough time for some good pictures and a signature. Characters on our last visit included snow white, cinderella, aurora, ariel and belle.

Stay away from the GCH's character breakfast. I have been there twice and have been extremely disappointed in the interaction or rather lack of interaction in there. It was like russian roulette in getting to meet a character my DD was extremely disappointed in this one! I will give them credit though on the buffet breakfast. It is a decent selection, almost Las Vegas Strip like! lol So yay on the food and nay on the characters! Characters on our last visit included chip, dale,and meeko.

I triple , quadruple and so on and so on the choice for the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast! We all really loved the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast! Plently of activity and interaction and great breakfast food! Interaction included learning a hula dance with lilo , stitch and minnie mouse and another game involving hopping on the island pads placed on the floor , in addition to visiting the table for quite some time (we did have a party of 7 though so that may have increased the amount of time they could spend at the table :confused3 ) DD also asked if we could do this again in december! :earboy2: Characters on our last visit included lilo, stitch, minnie mouse and pluto.

Hope this all helps! Have fun on your trip!

fristbytte21 said:
I made a basic chart for the character meals for my trip to explain to my friends what would be going on....hope this helps ya! :earsboy:

fwr8yu.jpg

** i have this in word format if anyone would like a actual printable copy

I would love a printable copy it's so helpful.

We just ate at Storytellers this week and it was really good! We liked that you could order the buffet or off the menu. We arrived at opening and got some great pictures with Chip, Dale, Terk & Meeko. We had a table right by the roaring fire and it was perfect. I believe the price for kids was either $10.99 or $11.99. We highly recommend it!

We ate at PCH Grill last Friday. Best character breakfast we've ever had. The buffet was very good. Had a good Hawaiian Salmon- at least my sister said it was very good- I can't really get with fish that early :earboy2: The bananas foster french toast was to die for!!! :earseek: We arrived at 7:00 am and the hostess overheard that my DD's birthday was a few weeks ago and fixed her up with a birthday button. She sent Pluto over and he wrote two pages in her autograph book (He is her favorite) She was thrilled. Then they sent over a small choc. cake for her and sang happy birthday. We had a great time.

fristbytte21 -- Your table is AWESOME. I was looking for exactly that sort of table! Excellent job!

(We just booked through Costco Travel and get a "free" character meal with our package -- so I was searching for information!) As I have said before...my "poor" son has sat through many a princess meal so I think it is time he had some time with Lilo and Stitch this trip!

FWDisFan said:
fristbytte21 -- Your table is AWESOME. I was looking for exactly that sort of table! Excellent job!

(We just booked through Costco Travel and get a "free" character meal with our package -- so I was searching for information!) As I have said before...my "poor" son has sat through many a princess meal so I think it is time he had some time with Lilo and Stitch this trip!

lol good glad my table helped, this is the result from being bored doing a 10 page paper lolol if u want the word file, pm me!! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter