Character dining

There are a few character meals at the Disneyland hotels and one at the Plaza Restaurant near Tomorrowland in DL. I think they're all breakfasts except Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel, which does breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That seems to be the most popular choice.

Booking in advance is always suggested to minimize waits, especially if you're visiting during a busy time of year. You don't have to make a PS, though.

We loved the Plaza Inn Character Breakfast!! Dd wanted to go to the new Ariels Grotto dinner character meal at DCA but it was solidly pre booked so,if thats one of your choices be sure to make a PS from home 60 days before you leave,then confirm it as soon as you get to DL, to make sure you have the proper info!!

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Here are the choices for the character meals at the DL Resort:

Disneyland Park

Plaza Inn at Main Street - Breakfast with Pooh and Friends
Enjoy a buffeteria styled breakfast at the Plaza Inn, including pancakes, eggs, cereal, breakfast pastries, and omelettes to order - the breakfast is tasty, and you'll enjoy your visit with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet. There are no Priority Seating arrangements. Breakfasts last until 11:30am
- Personal Experience: I have eaten here, and enjoyed it, especially with the little ones who just love Pooh.

California Adventure Park

Ariel's Grotto at Paradise Pier - Lunch/dinner with Ariel & friends (Used to be called Avalon Cove)
Enjoy a sit-down lunch or dinner. There is one price, and you can pick from a menu. Ariel will greet you at the entrance, and you may be visited by Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Donald, etc. The food is okay, and the character interaction is excellent. Every so often, a song will come on and the characters will dance with guests, young and old (hey, we did the conga line!). This is an enjoyable meal. Priority Seating arrangements can be made, and are recommended for weekend dinner.
- Personal Experience: I had a very enjoyable dinner here with some Disney-loving friends. We had so much fun with the characters.

Disneyland Hotel

Goofy's Kitchen - Breakfast with Goofy and Friends
Enjoy a breakfast, lunch, or dinner here. One price covers the buffet meal here. The food is good - very tasty - and the character interaction is excellent. You may be visited by such characters as Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Donald, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Mad Hatter, etc. Every so often, music comes on and the characters dance with the guests. I have heard this restaurant favorably compared to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Hotel at Walt Disney World. You can make Priority Seating Arrangements, and they are recommended for weekend dining.
- Personal Experience: I had breakfast here and was pleasantly impressed with the food, decor, and character interaction

Grand Californian Hotel

Storyteller Cafe - Breakfast with Chip and Dale
Enjoy breakfast with Chip and Dale. The characters greet you as you come in, but do not go from table to table. I have heard that the breakfast is tasty. You can make Priority Seating arrangements, and they are recommended for weekend breakfasts.
- Personal Experience: None

Paradise Pier Hotel

Breakfast with Minnie and Friends
Enjoy breakfast with Minnie and friends. I have heard that the breakfast is tasty, and there is fun character interaction. You can make Priority Seating arrangements, and they are recommended for weekend breakfasts.
- Personal Experience: None

That is a GREAT post and I will refer back to it often!

Jennifer

Wow, great info! I have a client who was just looking for this info, so I've forwarded it onto her!

Thanks!
Beth

<font color=navy>My pleasure, guys.

Beth, be sure to let your client know you got it from the DIS. :sunny:

Thanks Mary Jo

This is the best and most comprehensive answer I have ever received from a post on any message board

It will come in very handy

Thanks again

A warning for those eating at Avalon Cove who want to meet Ariel, she's not always there. We had dinner at 5:30 and she was already gone for the day. If you're choosing this restaurant in order to see Ariel you might want to check to see if she'll be there the day of dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter