Character Dining in parks

grumpy's fan

Mouseketeer
Question for anyone who has done any of the character meals at either Tokyo DL or Disney Sea ----

I read in a blog "The only character dining at Tokyo Disneyland (where you’re able to have your photo taken with them) is the breakfast at the Crystal Palace Restaurant."

So...does that mean at Diamond Horseshoe and Polynesian Terrace that you cannot take photos with those characters???? Will they sign autograph books??? Or are they simply in a show and don't interact with guests at all????

Question for anyone who has done any of the character meals at either Tokyo DL or Disney Sea ----

I read in a blog "The only character dining at Tokyo Disneyland (where you’re able to have your photo taken with them) is the breakfast at the Crystal Palace Restaurant."

So...does that mean at Diamond Horseshoe and Polynesian Terrace that you cannot take photos with those characters???? Will they sign autograph books??? Or are they simply in a show and don't interact with guests at all????
Correct. No pictures, no autographs. They walk around & wave to guests but they do not stop at every table for personal interaction like at a WDW character meal.

TDR website says the character breakfast at the Crystal Palace will end on 7/8/2019.

They are also ending the character dining at Horizon Bay in DisneySea on the same day.

I don't know about all the restaurant shows, but at the Polynesian Terrace lunch luau, the characters did visit each table when we were there. I don't know if you are allowed to ask for autograph, but they did pose for photos.

TDR website says the character breakfast at the Crystal Palace will end on 7/8/2019.

They are also ending the character dining at Horizon Bay in DisneySea on the same day.

I don't know about all the restaurant shows, but at the Polynesian Terrace lunch luau, the characters did visit each table when we were there. I don't know if you are allowed to ask for autograph, but they did pose for photos.
They do come around at lunch! We haven't done lunch there in years. I forgot all about it.

OP, if you want that interaction, make sure to book lunch. I think it's really more of a children's show but it's fun. They won't do it at dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!