Character dining, Breakfast, Lunch and dinner

libertygirl

Tinkergirl
This is our very first trip with DDs ages 5 and 8, we are planning to do the princess storybook bkfast and wonderland tea party.
My questions are what do they actually eat at the tea party - is it enough for lunch?? How about a character dinner or buffet ? How about Ohana??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

We haven't done the Tea Party, but I did a search and here's what I learned:

"Even children can experience some of the charms that the Grand Floridian has to offer in one of its most recent offerings, the Wonderland Tea Party. At this pint-size tea party, guests from 3 to 10 years of age will hear stories, have a little lunch and be entertained by some Disney characters known to participate in a famous tea party of their own. The children will take a “hands-on” approach to their dining as they finger-paint/decorate their own cupcakes and munch on heart-shaped peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Chocolate dipped Rice Krispie squares, and the Grand Floridian’s special brand of children’s tea (aka apple juice) is also served."

HTH, Cheryl

You'll get better response over on the restaurant board....

I'll ask one thing...how many days are you staying and when and how highly do you prioritize the character meals/special events? Disney is a HUGE place and the theme parks can take every moment of a first timers trip. I always recommend one character meal to everyone - I think they are great, but you are at two and working towards three - you are already up to about five hours worth of time (including travel time). Which is fine if that's how you want to spend your trip (and your plans are very similar to ours, subsitute Pirate Cruise for tea party and Ohanas character breakfast for Princess breakfast - this will be the kids second trip and will be seven nights, and we are DVC members, so we know there is another trip in another two years) - unrealistic if you think you can do two character meals and see nearly everything in a five day trip.

Thanks for all the information - gives me alot more insight!

Our trip will be for a week, so I was hoping we can build in time for three character dining. However, my goal is not to see everthing, but mostly those things which I think DDs will enjoy the most. I am hoping to rent a car to help cut down on transportation time.

Renting a car will help (we always find them more trouble than they are worth, but some people swear by them), but transportation time will remain a factor. Disney is really big, and the roads are not necessarily direct or easy to navigate. The parking lots themselves are huge.

But if you are looking for a third character meal, I'd do one of the Mickey meals. We like Ohana for breakfast. Chef Mickeys is popular. Remember the resorts won't let you park all day at the Poly or CR, you'll need to move your car back over to the main lot after breakfast, or park your car in the main lot and then use the resort monorail at TTC to get to breakfast and then go the park or back to your car via the monorail. In the parks there is LTT (MK), Garden Grill (Epcot lunch and dinner) and Breakfastosaurs (AK).

We went to WDW for the first time with our kids last year, and did 5 character meals and Hoop Dee Doo over a 8 day trip. If there was some more variety of characters in these meals, we would have done even more. On the days that we didn't have character meals, we had PS's at other fun restaurants. (The kids were 2 and 4.) We needed that nice relaxing AC break once or twice a day. I don't think you are doing too many character meals at all.
BTW, I thought driving around WDW was fine. There are signs for all the attractions and hotels all over the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter