Character breakfast reservation time and park opening?ab

HuskyGal

DIS Veteran
Hello. I booked the Minnie and friends breakfast at the plaza inn on Thursday, 2/8, at 8:10 am. Disney hasn’t posted park hours yet. Does this mean that general park opening is at 9:00 am since I’m able to make an 8:10 res? TIA.

Most likely. If you haven’t done this type of reservation before, there is a dedicated enterance at the turnstiles specifically for your reservation. It’s usually all the way to the left near DTD. They will either walk you to the Plaza Inn or just let you head over. We always have these reservations as we don’t like to miss too much park time.

Usually, on mornings where there is an EMH/MM, the first breakfast seating is about 10 minutes after EMH/MM starts and on non-EMH/MM mornings, the first breakfast seating is about 20 minutes before the park opens (this is often when they open the turnstiles to everyone and hold guests on Main Street). So based on your reservation time (8:10 am), I would guess that means the park opens to general public at 9:00 am, but there is EMH/MM from 8:00 am to 9:00 am on that day.

Thank you so much to both of you. Will note the turnstile all the way to the left. Figment, on Tuesday of the same week the earliest reservation available to me was 9:40. I can’t tell if I just missed earlier reservation times or not. It seems like there would be 8:10 times too since it should be a emh/mm day.

According to the reservation page, the Plaza Inn opens at 9:10 am on Tuesday (2/6) (which would indicate a 9:00 am to 10:00 am EMH/MM, and 10:00 am opening to the general public), so there should be reservation times starting at that point. It might be that they're already all taken or there might be a glitch in the system. I would keep checking if you wanted to eat there on Tuesday.

Ok. Thank you. Our first park day is Monday. I think I will keep Thursday even though I’m not sure my lo’s will be able to wait to meet the characters. I really don’t want to wait outside Minnie and Mickey’s houses like last time.

Ok. Thank you. Our first park day is Monday. I think I will keep Thursday even though I’m not sure my lo’s will be able to wait to meet the characters. I really don’t want to wait outside Minnie and Mickey’s houses like last time.

Just an fyi, you will not meet Mickey at the Plaza Inn breakfast. I believe the only meal Mickey appears at is the Surf's Up one at the Paradise Pier hotel. You can meet Mickey on Main Street in DL and Buena Vista Street in DCA if you are looking for alternatives to his Toontown house.

Just an fyi, you will not meet Mickey at the Plaza Inn breakfast. I believe the only meal Mickey appears at is the Surf's Up one at the Paradise Pier hotel. You can meet Mickey on Main Street in DL and Buena Vista Street in DCA if you are looking for alternatives to his Toontown house.
Thank you! I booked goofys kitchen on Sunday so hopefully that’s enough noshing with characters even without mickey. Or would you recommend surfs up instead?

Thank you! I booked goofys kitchen on Sunday so hopefully that’s enough noshing with characters even without mickey. Or would you recommend surfs up instead?

I haven't done any of these three character meals for several years now so I would be hesitant to recommend one over another since my experiences aren't current.

Just a heads up, but we saw Mickey at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner a couple weeks ago. He was even the one greeting guests out front for photos. Not sure how regular he is, but it's the first time in many years of going there that we have seen Mickey there.

Just a heads up, but we saw Mickey at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner a couple weeks ago. He was even the one greeting guests out front for photos. Not sure how regular he is, but it's the first time in many years of going there that we have seen Mickey there.
That’s encouraging! Will cross my fingers and toes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter