Character breakfast buffets on DDP

Ajh999

Earning My Ears
Hi! Has anyone any good character breakfast buffet tips? We are taking 2 small children (1 and 3) and the buffet along with a few characters would really keep them entertained.
I've read lots of general reviews but does anyone have any personal recommendations? We are going to be on DDP (standard) and know we can use credits for it.
Staying at CS but open to suggestions in and out of parks.
Thanks in advance!

With younger kids I find the character meals that are served family style to be easier than buffets. That way you don't have to leave the table at all and try to carry plates for the kids, etc. I highly recommend Garden Grill at Epcot. You'll see Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale in their cute farmer outfits. The food is really good and the character interaction is really great too. The restaurant also rotates very slowly and has a view of the Living with the Land ride. Another favorite for the classic characters is Tusker House at AK, although it is a buffet and not family style. Again, great food and character interaction.

We girls always loved Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary when they were younger. I would book it on a non-park day - at the first dinner seating. (Around 5-ish). The place wasn’t as busy at that time, and characters were full of energy. We would often see them go through twice. There is a napkin-waving party every half hour or so - interactive for little ones. It is a buffet with the classic characters. I would then take them on a ride on the monorail afterwards as a treat. That was their highlight. :rotfl:

I had my greatest Disney memory at this buffet. My younger DD who was 19mths at the time, was a little miserable around the characters. I left her at the table with my DH as I took the older one to the bathroom. When I came back, Mickey was sitting at the table and feeding her ice cream with a spoon and she was loving it! Priceless.

I didn’t do the character meals in the parks at that age because they tend to be really busy, and the parks are stimulating enough. (My favourite in-park is Crystal Palace at MK with the Pooh characters.)

If you do want a non-buffet, Ohana breakfast at the Poly also does family-style, but it’s Lilo&Stitch which may not appeal to wee ones.

Garden Grill is great. The food is really good and it's much more relaxed than the other character meals. It's a smaller venue since it's a rotating restaurant, but that also means more time with the characters.

I think Chef Mickey's has one more character, but it's also a bit more hectic. If they're scared of giant mice, then a Princess breakfast may be better. Akershus in Epcot is really fun and it's family style. Trattoria al Forno (breakfast only) has two Princes (Eric and Flynn Rider) and two Princesses (Ariel and Rapunzel). It's a little more relaxed and you order off a menu.

I haven't been to 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian, but it has a mixture of costumed characters (Winnie the Pooh and Tigger) and face characters (Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter).

I personally think Tusker House and Crystal Palace are too big. Stay away from Hollywood and Vine.

It depends which characters you want to see I suppose. I loved Chrystal Palace which have characters from Winnie the Pooh, they do a little parade around the restaurant with the children every so often. They also have an omelette station so you can order it how you like it. Also the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is good if you'd like to meet prinsesses. They've got a cold selection (Norwegian smorgosbord) where you go up and help yourself, and then all you care to eat plate served family style with scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon and potato casserole. Although it's not advertised you can usually ask for Micky waffles as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!