Character breakfast at the Swan?

Rajah

DIS Veteran
Two questions about the character breakfast at the Swan (I think it's called Garden Grove or something. I know *where* it is, just not it's name. LOL!)

1) Is it any good, or would we be TONS better off with Spoodles? I've eaten at the Coral Cafe at the Dolphin many times -- does the food compare? Never been to Spoodles (though the menu sounds very similar to the breakfast they *used* to do at Tony's at the MK...?)

2) Would you need / can you make PS at about 9 or 10am on a Saturday morning? (or whatever time the characters first come out)

I was originally planning on us walking up to Spoodles to show my parents the Boardwalk, but my mom said she'd like a character breakfast if possible and she wants to see the Swan and Dolphin *and* the Boardwalk, so I thought that might be a good option. But at the same time, since that's the morning we're checking out, we want to leave the time open rather than have a PS so we can take our time that morning or decide to skip it if that's what we want to do.

Our home resort is Boardwalk, and we usually eat breakfast at both Garden Grove and Spoodles each trip. They are both very good.

Garden Grove is the restaurant's name for breakfast and lunch. They call it Gulliver's for dinner. I think they just want to confuse us.

We always go for the buffet at Garden Grove. On weekends, it costs around $16, but that includes coffee or tea and all the fresh squeezed oj you want. In addition to the usual buffet items, they have an omelet station. On the weekends they also have bagels and lox, Mickey waffles, some sort of blintz or crepe, and sometimes eggs benedict.

We've never had a PS - and we go there on Saturday or Sunday mornings. It usually isn't all that crowded. I've never seen more than 2 characters (one at a time), but it's still fun. (DVC members get 20% off.)

We'll be back in December, and already plan to go there for breakfast on Saturday. I'm sure we'll hit Spoodles during the week as well. We never needed a PS there, either.

Have fun wandering around the Boardwalk area. We love it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter