Character (and buffet) breakfasts - best food to take for later?

log

Mouseketeer
going with 2.5 and 6 yr old.

Which character breakfasts have the best selection of things that you can take with you afterwards (for snacking later).

In other words, I think we would like a buffet or family style, but it might be nice to go somewhere where they definitely had some muffins, bagels, or something like that so we could take a few for a later snack. Does that make sense?

If we go to Ohana's, it looks like they wouldn't have these 'extras' to take - am i right? We made reservations for O'hana's for character breakfast, but now I'm thinking we should re-think this. pls help

which ones would you recommend (based on overall experience and also on food). thanks

I've never ever seen anyone take anything with them from the buffets, only the sit down restaurants. I' don't even think they will give you a box to take anything. I think they would lose a ton of money if they allowed this because everyone would just load up and take all the food with them. Pretty sure they bank on the fact that one person can only eat so much, and it usually isn't $20 worth of food- that is how they make their profit.

I'm with Carrieberry, I have never taken food from a buffet, and I'm not sure they really let you do that. Maybe I'm missing something...have you done that before? There are so many other great snacks out in the parks...I'd recommend that.

I took some croissants and my son's uneaten french toast sticks with us from CRT - but again, that's not a buffet. We might have been able to take some donuts with us from Donald's only because it was the last seating and they had sepcial delivered a ton of them to our table that would have been thrown out otherwise, but we didn't try nor even think about - we were stuffed to the gills. I am with everyone else, you would have to sneak it out - buffets probably will not give you to go containers. If you are going to sneak it out - every buffet has the same stuff for that - donuts, criossants and the like. I swear you won't even think about it after a character breakfast buffet though - you will be stuffed.

We have been to many buffets and have been told more than once to get some fruit or muffins because the kids will need a snack in the park. They don't eat alot due to the Characters and excitement. I can tell you 2 that told us that: Crystal Palace and The Trails End at Fort Wilderness. I was very appreciative for the gesture, even if we didn't take them up on it.

I was told the same thing a CP as well so I snagged an apple for each of the kids. They really didn't eat much and about 30 mins after leaving they were asking for something to eat out came the apples

We have also been encouraged to take things, maybe because it was the last seating and you could tell by the way my kids were bouncing all over the place that they did not eat much. Also any food at your table will have to be thrown away anyway. I don't think an apple or dounut is out of line.

Take those plastic baggies with you. That way you dont have to request a box. Chef mickeys has fruit which we took an apple and a banana for later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter