Chaos or Rope Walk....

m3b

Mouseketeer
When we were at AK in early March for Rope Drop they rope walked us to Pandora. CM’s led us in a controlled walk to the rides. I hear they are not doing that now. Was that just a short experiment? It worked GREAT!

With the chaos of everyone heading to Pandora, is the path to kilimanjaro safaris a bit clearer these days? Just planning my tactics for September!

We went first to Safari 2 mornings last week and it (the Safari walk, that is) wasn't chaotic. Some people moved briskly, but the vast majority of people were headed to Pandora. So once you split from the Pandora crowd it was pretty calm. (Granted, last week were lower crowds than its been lately - but maybe that's like Sep?)

With the chaos of everyone heading to Pandora, is the path to kilimanjaro safaris a bit clearer these days? Just planning my tactics for September!

The problem is, first "half" of the path to Safari is the same path as the one to Pandora.

DAK-Rope-WS_081817C_zpstnrjxokh.jpg
NOTE: "Express Bus Transportation" ended Aug. 23, 2017. It MIGHT return at some future date. Stay tuned.

We have always experienced the CMs being very purposeful and orderly in their rope drop procedures at all the parks, including AK. I have never been pushed or shoved at rope drop. Honestly, my experience has always been that it is virtually impossible to do more than walk because everyone is packed in like sardines at rope drop. In fact when we have seen some guests break away from the crowd and try to do a light jog at rope drop we have always heard multiple CMs shouting at them to walk - they have always stopped jogging when that happens. I have never seen anyone push or shov,e or even flat out run.

We have always experienced the CMs being very purposeful and orderly in their rope drop procedures at all the parks, including AK. I have never been pushed or shoved at rope drop. Honestly, my experience has always been that it is virtually impossible to do more than walk because everyone is packed in like sardines at rope drop. In fact when we have seen some guests break away from the crowd and try to do a light jog at rope drop we have always heard multiple CMs shouting at them to walk - they have always stopped jogging when that happens. I have never seen anyone push or shov,e or even flat out run.

You have been lucky then. As, stated I just went 3 weeks ago. Arrived 1 hour prior to rope drop. Everything was very orderly up until people were allowed in the tap-style to proceed to bridge at Pandora. No CM. People took off in a footrace, strollers and all.Everyone then piled up at the bridge like sardines. If you were separated from your party, forget getting through the crowd to rejoin.
That part was not organized at all.

I cannot speak for what has been happening the last few weeks/months, but when we were there in August last year (a couple months after Pandora opened), we got there just after rope drop and went straight to the Safari and walked right on. There were hoards of people heading to Pandora and it almost felt like crowd surfing until the turn off. I think you will have good luck going anywhere in the park but Pandora in the morning rush.

You have been lucky then. As, stated I just went 3 weeks ago. Arrived 1 hour prior to rope drop. Everything was very orderly up until people were allowed in the tap-style to proceed to bridge at Pandora. No CM. People took off in a footrace, strollers and all.Everyone then piled up at the bridge like sardines. If you were separated from your party, forget getting through the crowd to rejoin.
That part was not organized at all.

Totally agree. RD has been getting worse at other parks as well, with people rushing through other people. Once the CM releases the crowd it becomes a free for all:(

I did rope drop for FoP on Monday. From the enterence until right before Idland Mercantile it was completely open. Then right before Island Mercantile cast members were there with the rope and rope walked to up to where FoP & NRJ go in different directions.

That is what happened with us - guided by the CM's. Wonder if they are just doing that some times and not others. Doesn't make sense. It worked well and was safer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter