Changing resort with Dining Plan already purchased

Snrub

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I think the heading pretty much says it all but I have already purchased a dining plan for my trip and have an Old Key West Reservation. After speaking with my wife some more about the trip we are now wanting to switch this over to Boardwalk. If I were to cancel the OKW reservation and book Boardwalk, would the dining plan just transfer over or is there some other process I would need to go through?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I think the heading pretty much says it all but I have already purchased a dining plan for my trip and have an Old Key West Reservation. After speaking with my wife some more about the trip we are now wanting to switch this over to Boardwalk. If I were to cancel the OKW reservation and book Boardwalk, would the dining plan just transfer over or is there some other process I would need to go through?

Thanks in advance!
I believe your Dining Plan is cancelled and refunded back to the original payment method. If you are then outside of 30 days to your trip you can repurchase the Dining Plan. This does not cancel the Dining Reservations just the Plan.

I believe your Dining Plan is cancelled and refunded back to the original payment method. If you are then outside of 30 days to your trip you can repurchase the Dining Plan. This does not cancel the Dining Reservations just the Plan.
Perfect, thanks for the fast reply!

I can confirm this is the case. I had a waitlist come through for our last visit in Feb. The waitlist canceled the original reservation and the Disney Dining Plan with it. I was refunded in about 48 hours and just bought the dining plan under the new reservation.

The Dining Plan was the only thing canceled. All the ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations) were still intact as they are not linked to any reservation.

This is why if we purchase the dining plan we wait till week before. You can purchase up to 2 days before check in

This is why if we purchase the dining plan we wait till week before. You can purchase up to 2 days before check in

And also the number of people going on your trip might change at the last minute as well or you might cancel it, I second waiting till the last week before buying the meal plan. The cost is set for the year by DVC and can't go up in the middle like the people on cash reservations can, so there is no need to buy in advance to lock-in a lower rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!