Changing reservation

Liam518

Earning My Ears
If I book my home resort 11 months out, but then find availability at another resort at 7 months how do I change my reservation? I don’t want to risk losing my firsts reservation until second one is set. Can I book two resorts using the same points. I’m in the process of purchasing points, but I’m not sure how booking different resorts work.

You should learn how to go into the website, and then on the dashboard, you pick your reservation. You click on it. Then you select Modify. On the next screen to set up your new search parameters. Including days and Resort then you search and if you find what you want you click it and set it up just as though it was a new reservation. However since you have already clicked modify, and are doing this through the modify feature, when you get to the end the program will ask you if you want to replace your previous reservation with the new one. When you click okay it will automatically cancel the old one and Institute the new one.

You should learn how to go into the website, and then on the dashboard, you pick your reservation. You click on it. Then you select Modify. On the next screen to set up your new search parameters. Including days and Resort then you search and if you find what you want you click it and set it up just as though it was a new reservation. However since you have already clicked modify, and are doing this through the modify feature, when you get to the end the program will ask you if you want to replace your previous reservation with the new one. When you click okay it will automatically cancel the old one and Institute the new one.

What happens if the second reservation is less points than the forat, where do the other points go?

What happens if the second reservation is less points than the forat, where do the other points go?
The excess points go back into your account, just like they were before, WITH THE EXCEPTION that if you change or modify the reservation within the last 30 days before check-in, and it releases extra points, those points become HOLDING POINTS. So try to make your modifications before the last 30 days

The excess points go back into your account, just like they were before, WITH THE EXCEPTION that if you change or modify the reservation within the last 30 days before check-in, and it releases extra points, those points become HOLDING POINTS. So try to make your modifications before the last 30 days

And if any extra points were banked or borrowed, they go into the UY the first reservation fell in - they do not go back to the UY they were banked or borrowed from. So be cautious about making a second reservation that won't use all banked and borrowed points that were used for the first reservation.

Does the modify feature allow for split stays or would that then be a separate reservation?
Do you mean taking an existing reservation and modifying it so that it becomes two reservations at different resorts? No, it doesn’t do that.

Does the modify feature allow for split stays or would that then be a separate reservation?
Do you mean taking an existing reservation and modifying it so that it becomes two reservations at different resorts? No, it doesn’t do that.

If you want to book a split stay between your home resort and a non-home resort, at 11 months you should make a reservation at your home resort for the length of one part of the split and then when the 11 month window opens for the second part of the split, reserve at your home resort for that length of stay. Put different names as primary guest on each one so that MS doesn’t combine them automatically. At 7 months, modify one reservation to book (or waitlist) the non-home resort you want. That way, if at 7 months what you want Isn’t available (or your waitlist doesn’t come through), you can call MS to combine the two 11-month reservations into one continuous stay so that you won’t have to change rooms.

If you want to book a split stay between your home resort and a non-home resort, at 11 months you should make a reservation at your home resort for the length of one part of the split and then when the 11 month window opens for the second part of the split, reserve at your home resort for that length of stay. Put different names as primary guest on each one so that MS doesn’t combine them automatically. At 7 months, modify one reservation to book (or waitlist) the non-home resort you want. That way, if at 7 months what you want Isn’t available (or your waitlist doesn’t come through), you can call MS to combine the two 11-month reservations into one continuous stay so that you won’t have to change rooms.

Awesome input and thanks a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!