Changing Passengers in Staterooms

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
When I first booked the cruise (2 parents, four kids, two connecting staterooms) I didn’t think much about which kids I put in which stateroom with a parent. Now that I’ve thought about it a bit, I’m realizing I should change it up a bit and put my older kids in one room, and my younger kids in the other. How do I go about changing this so that their KTTW cards open the door to the room they belong in? Can I change it online? Can my travel agent change it? Or is it best to just do it when we check in at the port? Thanks!

The same thing happened to me (kinda). My mom surprised me by showing up to my hotel room the night before the cruise. We didn't have a kttw card for her room, so we went to guest services. They couldn't give us one key for both rooms, but they gave us a key per room. Don't keep them in the same lanyard though. They wont work if you do.

Depending on how far out your cruise it, it may be possible to move people around. I believe there is a charge for that though. If you are past PIF, you can just get extra keys once one board for the proper rooms. They don't really care where people sleep but each person would have to go to the lifeboat drill location (or actual location in the event of an actual emergency) for their assigned room. Also, the keys would be door only. They would not work for anything else.

I don't think there would be a charge to switch people from one cabin to another. I think the charge is if you switch who is going on the cruise. I would ask my TA if they could take care of the change. I hope it's not a problem. I don't think it will be.

I had my niece stay in my cabin rather than her parents (they snore...saves everyone to have the separation :)) and all I did was go to guest services on board and ask for another key to my cabin. They had no issues with this.

You have two choices, you can have your travel agent change the names now (assuming there is a parent booked in each room that would remain so it is a change and not a cancellation of the whole booking). There should be no charge. If you are close to sailing (past PIF date), I might get nervous that the TA or more likely Disney Agent will mess it up or that switching names might mess up any reservations already made. In that case, it is easy enough when you are checking in to have that agent give each person the card for the room they will be sleeping in. For the parents, they can give you a second card (if you need it since you said they were connecting) for the other cabin.

Depending on the children’s ages, switching them up could impact fares. I suggest putting your 2 oldest kids as the second passenger in each stateroom because the second passenger pays full fare regardless of age. Then have the 2 youngest as third passenger in each room because those fares will be lower, and lower still for younger kids (I think teens/adults is one fare, 3-12 is lower, and under 3 is even lower). Then switch up sleeping quarters once onboard, or even just keep the connecting doors open and it doesn’t really matter.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter