Changing park hours

22Tink

BC, Canada
I just got an email from Touring Plans that AK updated it's hours for our dates, either opening an hour earlier or closing 90 minutes later on every day we're there March 25th-April 4th. I'm sure the other parks are soon to follow with changes as well. What's the likelihood that the hours will change again? Thanks!

Likely. Park hours are not even final until the parks are closed for a given day.

Likely. Park hours are not even final until the parks are closed for a given day.
I'm thinking more of the opening hours. If they've extended the closing hours to 10:00pm already will they extend the opening hours as well on the same day? We didn't have to deal with park hour changes affecting us on our last trip so this is new to me!

They just recently changed at MK for presidents day weekend. MK now open until midnight Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and opening at 8 on Sat and Sun. So I certainly would expect more changes for Easter.

They just recently changed at MK for presidents day weekend. MK now open until midnight Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and opening at 8 on Sat and Sun. So I certainly would expect more changes for Easter.
Oh I'm expecting more changes as well, I'm just curious if they usually change the hours for the same park more than once. They've extended every AK day we're there already, so is it likely they'll change AK again?

Oh I'm expecting more changes as well, I'm just curious if they usually change the hours for the same park more than once. They've extended every AK day we're there already, so is it likely they'll change AK again?

Hard to say but it looks like there are still some days that AK has a 9:00 opening; they could go to 8:00. Closing at 10 PM, not sure that will change. (but it could!)

I just got a notification that HS is closing an hour later while we’re there, but only on the two Saturdays.

Seems really odd to me that AK would be open later than all of the other parks during this period (my days are 4/5 - 4/9). They already had moved close from 8:00 to 8:30 (and changed HS closing time by 30 minutes too) a while back.

I'm anticipating that MK hours, at least, will get extended too at some point soon.

Seems really odd to me that AK would be open later than all of the other parks during this period (my days are 4/5 - 4/9). They already had moved close from 8:00 to 8:30 (and changed HS closing time by 30 minutes too) a while back.

I'm anticipating that MK hours, at least, will get extended too at some point soon.
I thought too that it was strange they changed AK so early. I'm sure the rest will follow.

They are updated tonight on MDE. Lots of changes - not just AK.
AK was the only one Touring Plans emailed me about and so far it’s the only park that has changed hours for my dates. I expect that will change though!

Park hours are always subject to change and this is most likely to happen on peak dates and holiday weekends.. Generally the change is a later closing time if they are forecasting higher crowd levels than anticipated..

Any idea when they typically set the Easter/Spring Break hours? I know they can change at any time. MK is still showing as 9-9 around Easter and I assuming that will change.

Any idea when they typically set the Easter/Spring Break hours? I know they can change at any time. MK is still showing as 9-9 around Easter and I assuming that will change.

Unfortunately Disney hasn't been updating monthly hours until about a month out lately, and even that's not a hard/fast rule. Watching park hours has always been important, but seemingly more so these days.

Last edited:
with park hours changing why are no fast passes/dining reservations available after 8pm still in MK?

with park hours changing why are no fast passes/dining reservations available after 8pm still in MK?

It sometimes takes a day or 2 to load them into the system. I just noticed yesterday that AK opening time was changed on Feb 17; when I looked yesterday there were no additional FP for FOP that morning hour; today there are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter