Changing hotel rooms during vacation

WDWSuperFan

Mouseketeer
We have reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming vacation in December. I have the woods view booked but have changed my mind after reading some of your information about the WL and want to change to the courtyard view. I know my daughter would love watching the otters. I called and it is available for all nights except the first night. They have availability for courtyard view, just now for annual pass holders. Have any of you moved during your stay? Was is a big hassle, would you do it in the future? What time were you able to move? If you have done this, what suggestions do you have?I would appreciate any info on this matter. Thanks!:D

Update: I was able to get the courtyard view for all nights. We will not have to move! I'm so excited, I can't wait until our trip!:Pinkbounc

It's not a big hassel, if you don't let it become one. We've moved once because we were unhappy with our room, and once because our choice wasn't available on the first night either. Just don't unpack anything that you won't need for the next day. We got our new room assigned the next day and told the front desk that we would like our bags moved to the new room while we were at the parks. When we came back later, all of our bags were in the new room. Couldn't be easier. If you won't allow them to do the move for you then you might have to wait until the new room is ready and that could be 3:00pm. Kind of ruins the day. Don't settle for anything less then what makes you happy.

doing that beginning this upcoming weekend (staying at WDW Nov 30th - Dec. 5th). My husband and our 3 little boys are going (ages 5, 2 1/2, and 1)

We will stay at the All Star Sports our first 2 nights. We figure this will accommodate our arrival night (where we won't be in WDW until the evening) and it will be closer to the Animal Kingdom which is the first park we are going to the next day.

Then December 2nd we check into the Wilderness Lodge concierge!!! We stay two nights at a value resort and can splurge the last 3 nights :)

I don't think it will be a problem to switch - I think I will be ready to switch!!! I can't wait to compare them!

Good luck with your decision.

If you're moving after one night for the chance to see the otters, I don't think it's worth it. You son will be just as happy in the woods view for the whole time. Plus, moving is a pain in the butt. Your new room may not be ready until 4pm, even when changing rooms in the same resort. How would you fell if you came "home" at 2pm for a nap and a swim and your room wasn't ready yet?

I would recommend staying in the woods view the entire time. There are plenty of "magical" things to see at WDW and maybe the otters can wait until your next trip :).

We went in July and didn't see any otters. We will be back in December and were wondering where the otters were. My husband and I ran every morning and the only wildlife we saw were rabbits.

I would stay with the woods view.

In '97 we could see the castle thru the trees and it was lovely!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter