Changing an Air Miles redemption ticket

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the cost would be to change an airmiles issued airline ticket on West Jet for a domestic flight?

My sister wants to change her Christmas plans.

You would need to contact West Jet and ask them (if they are the carrier). My guess would be it would cost their standard change fee plus airfare difference. I know Delta changed our most recent flights 3 times but that was due to unforeseen circumstances. We didn't pay anything for the changes because we were technically enroute.

The tickets that Airmiles purchases are regular economy usually so a change is possible. (Standard change fees are usually in the $200 range)

I looked at one of my recent flights and these are the T & C.

AIR MILES Flight Program Terms & Conditions
A $15 + applicable taxes booking fee was applied on each ticket booked on airmiles.ca.

Cancellations, name changes or refunds are not permitted.

No price increases are permitted once ticketed.

Ticket is non-refundable. Tickets are valid on flights and dates shown on the ticket. If applicable, changes must be requested prior to original departure date and time. Changes may result in a higher fare, increase in Reward Miles, and are also subject to a $60 change booking fee (plus applicable taxes) which is in addition to the Airline change fee of $50.00 to $300.00 CAD. Change fees are applicable per ticket per change and will vary depending on Domestic, Transborder or International Travel, advance change notice and class of service.

Itinerary changes may be subject to restrictions such as advance booking and minimum/maximum stay.

I would call the airline and ask about the change she wants to make. Airmiles is either going to say no or they will just end up calling the airline and making the arrangements and then charging her a fee for making the call.

In my case Delta changed the schedule and I contacted them directly about what my flight options were (months before my travel). Decided to stick with my short connection in Detroit. The day we flew out our flight was delayed due to a tornado running through town (Sept 21, Ottawa). We didn't make our connection in Detroit. Airmiles had contacted me with a new flight but I didn't have data or a phone on the plane so I didn't get it. Missed our new connection in Detroit. They then booked us on something the next day.

The airline may tell her she has to go through Airmiles or they may be quite happy to make the changes for her. I just like dealing with the airline directly as they seem to have more options available to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter