Changes to WDW since dreams started

caryrae

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this would make a good discussion someday but since dreams just had their 20th thought it may be neat to talk about things that have changed at WDW since dreams started 20 years ago. So much has changed since then and seems like a lot has or is changing lately. What WDW was like 20 years ago compared to now?

So that would be 1999.

The biggest change shortly before that was the opening of Animal Kingdom in April 1998. My wife and I were there for AP preview and then for the grand opening as well.

Animal Kingdom Lodge didn't open until 2001. Pop Century in 2003. Saratoga Springs in 2004. Bay Lake Tower in 2009. Art of Animation in 2012.

New Fantasyland in MK also opened in 2012 which was a very large expansion of the park, the largest at that time I believe.

Of course, various rides, shows, attractions, shops, and restaurants have come and gone since 1999 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter