Changes to London/Paris because of Notre Dame

i am traveling on the 8/16/19 ABD tour and curious if there has been any discussion on what will be done here. I saw on the ABD site that it was removed from one of the mornings but nothing else in its place. Curious if they will do visit to the exterior to pay respects until it is suitable for entrance or do something different or on your own time.

I was also at epcot on Monday and saw a lot more people watching Impressions de France in memory of the site.

I was fortunate to see it many years ago as well as my wife but saddened my kids will miss it.

Please post any thoughts or updates.

i am traveling on the 8/16/19 ABD tour and curious if there has been any discussion on what will be done here. I saw on the ABD site that it was removed from one of the mornings but nothing else in its place. Curious if they will do visit to the exterior to pay respects until it is suitable for entrance or do something different or on your own time.

I was also at epcot on Monday and saw a lot more people watching Impressions de France in memory of the site.

I was fortunate to see it many years ago as well as my wife but saddened my kids will miss it.

Please post any thoughts or updates.
I'd really suggest you call ABD. I'm sure they're furiously working to come up with a suitable replacement in time for the next departure, which appears to be mid-May.

It's likely they'll send you an email with the change once it's settled on.

Sayhello

I'm sure many of you know Adventure Guide Jennae and she is one of the current guides for London/Paris. She posted on her instagram about this and I sure will share an update.

I'm sure many of you know Adventure Guide Jennae and she is one of the current guides for London/Paris. She posted on her instagram about this and I sure will share an update.
What did she say?

I agree - I thought Sainte Chapelle was absolutely beautiful inside, with the windows. I actually found Notre Dame to be very dark inside (but amazing from the outside).

But Sainte Chapelle already has terrible line issues. Imagine what the fire and loss of ND as a place to visit and see rose windows will do to the demand for Sainte Chapelle?

I'm struggling for how to handle our days in Paris. And ABD isn't the only tour company that is scrambling right now, I'm sure.

Wondering if anybody has been on this ABD since the fire.

Wondering if anybody has been on this ABD since the fire.

Adventure Guide Jennae did say this on Instagram about Notre Dame: "She’s still standing strong and tall and beautiful :’) So glad we still get to come by to pay our respects in addition to seeing one of our new activities for this day - the Opera House or St Chapelle!"

We have just returned from this ABD. Jennae was one of the guides, along with Stephanie. We did stop at St. Chapelle, which is beautiful but IMHO, not really in the Notre Dame class. The photo visit was across the river from Notre Dame at a small park adjacent to Shakespeare & Company. After that we had lunch OYO. Lots of good choices in that area.

We did this ABD in July and we also went to see Saint Chapelle in addition to photo stop at Notre Dame. We thought Saint Chapelle was a real highlight of the trip (the stained glass windows on top floor and the serene environment they create are pretty magical). Even our kids (6,9,11 at the time) were pretty amazed by the Saint Chapelle windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!