Changed ressies from HRH to PFB. Tell me about PBH!!

Gail from Nova Scotia

Earning My Ears
For the past 2 months I have read every post for HRH but skipped PFB because we weren't staying there.
However, because of Disney's best deal of the year ie. AP rates at Xmas, we had to change our dates at HRH and they were sold out:bounce:
We now have a garden view at PBH for $299.00 a night. What do you like/dislike about the hotel? Will our 12 and 14 year old daughters like it? How far of a walk is it to the parks?
Thanks in advance for your advice!!
Gail

I love Portofino Bay...it is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure you will all enjoy it.
There's really nothing not to like about this hotel!

If you walk to the parks, it will take you a good ten minutes (if memory serves)
The boat launch is consistent and pleasant...that is a nice way to travel.

Have fun!

It's an oasis of calm after a long day at the parks. The hotel is beautiful. There are some wonderful restaurants at the hotel. And we love the boat ride to the parks, it's also very calm and peaceful.

This is just my opinion (not a very informed one b/c I havn't stayed at any of these hotels) but I have walked around each and I liked HRH better. As I said I havn't seen the rooms but I thought HRH was prettier.

PBH is still very nice though. As everyone says it is very calm (almost too calm :D ). I ate at Trattoria del Porto for lunch one time and it was very good. And nobody else was there except the staff. (I did have to wait pretty long to get the check for some reason though)

PBH is wonderful, and it is much more convenient to catch the boat to the parks, rather than walk. We have stayed there five times...we like pretty much everything about it. Convenient to all the great restaurants of city walk, and the ones right there at the resort. The girls will love it...pool area is great, quiet pool near the villas is very nice, they have hot/cold jacuzzis, and great big cozy beach towels to use while you are at the pool, so don't take up space in your suitcase with towels...they are plentyful here. Employees are very nice and accomodating. It is the ideal place to relax after a long day in the parks. Enjoy!

Check out my site www.nowt2do.com under USA2k1, a preview of the hotel, plus some brilliant pics is currently online!

After I return a full review will be there!

Hi..I have stayed all over the United States and at some pretty nice hotels. My favorite of all the hotels I have ever stayed in is the PBH. It is just beautiful and has the most comfortable beds in the hotel industry. I even took all of the covers off to see who made the mattress but I have not been able to locate the manufacturer and the hotel people can't help me either.

The views I have had there have all been of the water so I cannot tell about about the garden rooms. I'm sure it will be beautiful though.

I have always had banquet food there via business meetings and it was always delicious. The gelato/ice cream place is wonderful.

The only complaint I have about the place is that the pools do not stay open long enough in the evenings. There is an adult pool and a pool for kids and adults. The kid pool has a neat slide and waterfall.

I have read on the boards that if you stay at either PBH or HRH that you can use either pool which I am looking forward to trying in August.

You will have a wonderful time. We always used the boat and it took about 5-8 minutes and it was very relaxing on the way back when your legs and feet want and need a rest.

Hi Gail! We stayed at both HRH and PBH a couple of weeks ago. I thought the PB was absolutely gorgeous and loved the room and the pools were beautiful. PB was my favorite, HRH was my kids favorite.

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

The rooms are large, the beds are wonderful, the bathrooms are great, and the hotel is extremely tranquil. It's far enough removed from City Walk and the parks to be quiet. Even when busy it seems quiet. The pools are great - there's a beach pool, a villa pool (heaven) and one other. I thought it was incredibly relaxing, especially after a day of frenzied activity.

HRH is nice, too, but it's glitzier and louder. There are music videos everywhere, and everything gleams. It's more Vegas, PBH is more European. If you're looking for a hotel with more life in it, HRH is the one, but if you're looking for calm, tranquil class PBH is the way to go. It's a mood thing. My son loves HRH, I love PBH.

Have a wonderful trip.

I think that I am glad I had to make the change!! And even better I got a better rate at HotelKingdom.com. Instead of $299.00 a night we got $238.00 a night!
My mom is coming with us and I know she will love it!
A big thank you to all of you for your information!
Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter