Change to Horse-Drawn Street Car

Yes, after the trolley track up grade (Winter 2018) the trolleys go in a figure 8. They turn to the right at the main street hub like before. But at the castle hub they turn to the left instead of the right. What I have heard to two reasons are- 1st and most important is it helps the horses because the pull to the right and left as the go around each hub. 2nd that it also creates even wear on the trolley wheels left and right side evenly. Just like the train making a left turn for the first time in Disneyland History, so now does the trolley.

There was some discussion about it back when the Horses returned to the parks back in March. I spoke with one of the trainers when they were still training the horses on the new route. She mentioned that they were also doing it help with the horses. That like the trolley cars, going both directions helped even out the pressures on the horses themselves and prevented injury that occurred by always turning in the same direction. She seemed to think the horses were adjusting to the change in route pretty easily and it didn't like there was going to be any problems. It was fun to talk with the trainers; they have lots of interesting information about the horses.

Are the cars still running? I have a friend Steve who drives one

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!