• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Change itinerary due to crowds?

javaj

DIS Veteran
I just read the thread about how crowded DL is right now.

We're flying in this Thursday, arriving at LAX at 8 am. So I had planned for us to do an easy day at DL that day, figuring it might not be that busy since it was a weekday. We have the So Cal city pass with the AAA hoppper/fastpass so I thought we could just check-in, go get our fastpasses, then return later. But if DL is going to be super busy, then maybe we should change our plans. Here's the original plan:
Thursday - DL
Friday - DL/DCA, Fantasmic Dessert Buffet
Saturday - DL, early entry
Sunday - Sea World
Monday morning - Knott's

Now I'm wondering if DL is only a good idea on days we can get there at opening. Also, if it is still true that we can get more than 1 Early Entry since we're staying at Paradise Pier, then maybe it would be good to change things around. I'm considering this:
Thursday - check in, Sea World (but I was trying to avoid Anaheim/San Diego traffic on a weekday)
Friday - DL/DCA, Fantasmic Dessert Buffet
Saturday - DL, early entry
Sunday - Knott's or explore if we decide against Knott's
Monday morning - DL, early entry

My main concern is driving to and from Anaheim/San Diego on a weekday, and being in the car so much the day that we fly in. What do you all think? Go with the original plan, or change it up?

Thanks!

I would not drive to San Diego on the day you arrive at LAX. You are looking at a 2 1/2+ hour drive after a flight.

I would change your itinerary to this:

Thursday: DL
Friday: DL/DCA
Saturday: Sea World
Sunday: Knotts
Monday: DL (early entry)

This way you avoid the very heavy weekend crowds at DL, and you also avoid the heavy weekday traffic by doing all your driving on the weekend.

Hope you have fun despite the crowds. We were just there all last week (Sunday Dec. 4th - Friday Dec. 9th), and although it was crowded, we still managed to have a great time. The fireworks are spectacular! You'll love them! :cheer2:

i also agree, The traffic can be awful to San Diego during the week...

Also you could skipp Knotts and be just fine.. It has changed a lot and is not as 'friendly' as I remember 10 years ago..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter