Change in time to use tickets

Hubie

DIS Veteran
Why the big change in having to use tickets within short time-frames? We are DVC members scheduled to stay in a DVC resort 12 nights in January 2020 and only planned to purchase a 4 or 5-day park hopper ticket to use over the 12-day period. Unfortunately that's not an option anymore. And, we've taken cruises in the past where we visited the parks prior to the cruise and afterwards on the same 5-day ticket. Now that's not an option! Are they trying to make everybody purchase the expensive an annual passes?

I don't know a lot about the new ticketing system, but that's crazy! I'm following to see if someone can spread some light on this.

I don't know a lot about the new ticketing system, but that's crazy! I'm following to see if someone can spread some light on this.

I guess another option for us would be to purchase two 2-day passes to use one each week we're there, but of course that's a more expensive option.

I'm not sure about staying using points. If you book a resort room stay, tickets are valid for the entire length of stay. We are booked at POP 12 nights with 4 day park hopper (so far, may add days), but our tickets are good for any 4 days during our 12 night stay. We booked a package.

You can add the Flexible Dates option, which will give you back the 14 day window to use the tickets. It's fairly pricey, but cheaper than buying separate 2 day ticket probably.

I'm not sure about staying using points. If you book a resort room stay, tickets are valid for the entire length of stay. We are booked at POP 12 nights with 4 day park hopper (so far, may add days), but our tickets are good for any 4 days during our 12 night stay. We booked a package.

I'm not sure how it applies to a package, but I called DVC and they said that the new timeframes having to use a 3-day ticket over a 5-day period applies.

You can add the Flexible Dates option, which will give you back the 14 day window to use the tickets. It's fairly pricey, but cheaper than buying separate 2 day ticket probably.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter