Chances of waitlist at VGC going through 1st week of February 2014

Nalugirl

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We are a new family to DVC through a resale purchase a few months ago. I put in a waitlist for VGC February 2-6 for a studio. I know my chances of getting the waitlist confirmed is slim so I did book back up reservations off property. This being our 1st trip to disneyland as DVC members I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting anything last minute during this time. It is supposed to be a slow period.

Also is there anyway to find out what number you are on the waitlist?

Thanks for any responses! :)

Hello!

We are a new family to DVC through a resale purchase a few months ago. I put in a waitlist for VGC February 2-6 for a studio. I know my chances of getting the waitlist confirmed is slim so I did book back up reservations off property. This being our 1st trip to disneyland as DVC members I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting anything last minute during this time. It is supposed to be a slow period.

Also is there anyway to find out what number you are on the waitlist?

Thanks for any responses! :)

There's no way to find out what "number" you are because the waitlist is variable, some people have 1 night, some have 10. So when dates come open, they look to the list for the first person who requested those dates. If you have 4 nights on waitlist and 3 come open, they skip over you.

You could stalk the website to see if any of the nights open and grab them. If they all don't come through or if you don't want a split stay, cancel 31 days or more before and keep your backup.

Oh wow I didn't know that. I was under the assumption that if a night opens they award it to you if it's within your dates. Thanks for the info.

Check the website every day.... thats what I had to do for some of our nights at Aulani.... whenever a night would come open I would grab it asap!

You should know that the studio category is the most difficult to get at VGC because there are not very many of them.... it helps if you can be flexible with your room category. VGC is the smallest of all the DVC resorts and thus that 7 month (and 11 month if it is your home resort) booking window is super important there.

I should also add that "slow" times for Disney are not necessarily slow times for DVC.... because of the lower points requirements for booking it can be the time when many DVC members will book.

Here's hoping you get some pixie dust and a room opens up!

Thanks for all the advice! I have been stalking everyday. Is there a better time to check? Morning or night or both? I'm on Hawaii time so I'm 6 hours behind est.

It's hard to say which is better... I have heard that the DVC waitlists are filled during the night (EST), so it may be better to check before DVC goes to fill a waitlist. So checking 2x's a day cant hurt. It just is really based on if someone cancels and when...

GCV is one of the toughest, but I wouldnt give up trying. You may be able to at least get a couple of days, and that will be really helpful to get the DLR onsite early entry perks for at least part of your stay.

Hi just a quick update!

Thanks to all your wonderful tips, so far I managed to book a 1 bedroom for the 1st 2 nights of our stay! The 2 nights popped up at separate times on the website and I grabbed both. Then called member services about linking the 2 reservations to one so we won't have to change rooms and they were able to. I'm still waitlisted for the studio and now have another waitlist for the 1 bedroom for the last 2 nights.

I'm ecstatic to have the 2 nights just so my kids can experience the Grand Cal! If I didn't stalk, I'm pretty sure I'd still be here twiddling my thumbs waiting for my waitlist to come through. Thanks again!! :cheer2:

Hi just a quick update!

Thanks to all your wonderful tips, so far I managed to book a 1 bedroom for the 1st 2 nights of our stay! The 2 nights popped up at separate times on the website and I grabbed both. Then called member services about linking the 2 reservations to one so we won't have to change rooms and they were able to. I'm still waitlisted for the studio and now have another waitlist for the 1 bedroom for the last 2 nights.

I'm ecstatic to have the 2 nights just so my kids can experience the Grand Cal! If I didn't stalk, I'm pretty sure I'd still be here twiddling my thumbs waiting for my waitlist to come through. Thanks again!! :cheer2:

Congratulations for what you got!pixiedust:that you can finish your reservation!

Hi just a quick update!

Yay!! So glad for you!! pixiedust:

Keep stalking those other days may show up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter