Chances of 1 night BWV garden/pool view studio waitlist coming through?

mlee.sunny

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a wonderful stay at BCV and decided to go back 8/25-8/30 one last time before our passes expire.

I was able to book Kidani standard view studio immediately and I waitlisted Jambo standard studio and BWV standard studio. Today, 8/25-8/29 popped up at Boardwalk and I pounced (DH’s absolute favorite resort).

Now I have 8/29-8/30 waitlisted and will be stalking the site. Do I have a pretty good chance of getting that one night, or should I go back to the 5 night ressie? We really, really don’t want to have to switch resorts :confused:

So torn on what to do.

One night is a lot easier to get on a waitlist than five nights. I'd say you can a decent chance of it happening. Unless there is something going on that one night, like a Membership Magic evening or something.

I just had a single night, BLT standard Studio WL come through for July! The waitlist itself was not even two weeks old, we made a very spur of the moment cruise reservation.

So, I think your wait list has a very good chance of fulfilling.

We just got back from a wonderful stay at BCV and decided to go back 8/25-8/30 one last time before our passes expire.

I was able to book Kidani standard view studio immediately and I waitlisted Jambo standard studio and BWV standard studio. Today, 8/25-8/29 popped up at Boardwalk and I pounced (DH’s absolute favorite resort).

Now I have 8/29-8/30 waitlisted and will be stalking the site. Do I have a pretty good chance of getting that one night, or should I go back to the 5 night ressie? We really, really don’t want to have to switch resorts :confused:

So torn on what to do.

I think your odds are good. One time I had to change dates because of a work conference, only 2 months out for November. I waitlisted 5 nights for a BWV pool/garden studio. I stalked the site, the last 3 nights showed up pretty quick and I booked it. I changed the waitlist. Night two popped up, booked it and changed the waitlist. The first night, which was Sunday of Veterans Day weekend, came through on the waitlist less than 1 month out. Member Services combined the reservations.

One big advantage is it’s your last night. Worse comes to worse you could move. It would be more risk if the missing night was in the middle.

Thanks, all! I’m feeling less anxious about it now. Which is good, because the 5 night Kidani is gone already :rotfl:

I've been stalking BWV for my June waitlist and have seen so much movement especially for BW/Garden view rooms. I can't imagine things changing much for August so I think your 1 day WL has a high probability of filling. I've had 2 one day standard view WLs and they have filled so now I'm just praying/hoping my last day fills so I won't have to move but it's my last day so if it doesn't, I won't be too heartbroken over it.

You'd have a much better shot in a 1 bedroom and/or Garden/Pool view, but even just 1 night in the Standard studio has a pretty good shot. Best of luck! We're waiting on 2 nights on both/either end of our reservation at BWV in August as well. Fingers crossed!

The 29th is Galaxy’s Edge opening. And also opening day of F&W
I think this year is a much lesser chance of an Epcot area WL opening... but life can happen and some people’s best plans can change.

Last edited:
I would give it try, you never know but I would also have another plan in place. I have always been very lucky with my waitlist requests, hopefully you will get what you want.

Wish I saw this post yesterday. A BWV studio (garden) was open most of the day yesterday. Hopefully your waitlist grabbed it.

Thanks, everyone! We ended up giving up that last night and booked 3 more nights on the front end at AoA to go to Moonlight Magic! :cool1:

Great you changed to what you wanted.
Today, there were September 10 and September 11 available at BWVs, studio, Pool/Garden view. I am at GFVs but also took September 10 so we can sleep there that night and walk to MGM for the 6 am opening, and know we need to be there much earlier.

I'm still stalking a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs, for the night of September 13 that has never been available, even when the full three weeks were available seven months out, that one day has never been open. I have called twice to inquire but they just say it is booked, which I am sure it may be but I stalk 8 hours a day on auto refresh at work as well as any time I'm on my phone or ipad, out or at home and still nothing! I have a lock off that somehow I found but would like the dedicated since we have 9 nights in a dedicated two bedroom and don't want to have to move our last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!