Champions World Resort

Drewca707

Earning My Ears
We have reservations at the Champions World Resort in April and am asking for any feedback from those who may of stayed there. What is the best way to get to the Parks? Uber or Shuttle. Best food around the hotel? Resort information?

I have stayed there, but we had our own car. With Smartphones, easy to find lots of food options. I don't recall eating near the hotel. We were there for a cheer competition at Disney and really only slept there. We had our own snacks for the room. We stayed there because it is super cheap (especially the military rate). Although the word "resort" is in the name, it is very basic motel style hotel. Yes, I said Motel style since all the rooms are exterior doors. Ours was a corner room next to the sidewalk and about 500 feet away from the parking lot. They do have multiple buildings on property, but all I recall are motel style. I have recommended this hotel to friends as well needing a low budget place to stay for cheer, gymnastics, or other sports competitions and for those going to Disney looking for basic accommodations. My kids did like their pool near the office. My margarita was not great. I ended up throwing it out. DH went into their lounge/bar area and got it me and a beer for him.

I would ask for a room closer to the office and main pool that faces inside the property, not facing the parking lot. It's more secure that way and reduces the traffic / parking lot noise.

Thanks for the details... Can you give me details about the rooms? Are they clean?

Yes, our room was clean. Tile floor. Basic bedding. We only stayed one night and didn't have any issues. I think we paid like $46 for the night or somewhere around that general amount.

I often mention this hotel to my friends needing a place to stay on a budget for various reasons.

ETA: It's been around 6 years since we stayed there. So looks like military rate is currently $61.20. We are also Florida residents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter