Chacos

doglover07

Earning My Ears
checking to see if anyone’s worn chacos to parks. I’ve never worn them. Do not want to wear sneakers but I don’t want my legs hurting by the end of day. Any suggestions

We have worn Tevas and Chacos. Do you normally wear sandals? Will you be able to break them in? Chacos and your feet need time to get used to each other. Tevas can be worn much faster out of the box. We love wearing them because they dry quickly in the rain and they keep us cool. We wear sandals all the time at home so it doesn't change anything for us. But if you don't wear sandals all the time, I would bring a pair to trade off with as they can blister and irritate after heavy walking when not broken in.

We have worn Tevas and Chacos. Do you normally wear sandals? Will you be able to break them in? Chacos and your feet need time to get used to each other. Tevas can be worn much faster out of the box. We love wearing them because they dry quickly in the rain and they keep us cool. We wear sandals all the time at home so it doesn't change anything for us. But if you don't wear sandals all the time, I would bring a pair to trade off with as they can blister and irritate after heavy walking when not broken in.

Yes I wear sandals a lot, I love Merrill’s, everyone I talk too love their chacos but I tried them on today n didn’t like them, put pressure on my arch. That’s what I thought if I would have time to break them in. Going June 2.

I can wear some Tevas for short amounts of time, but they don't work for me in the parks. And I've never found Chacos to be at all comfortable when trying them on, so never bought any. If you have not tried them before, see if you can find somewhere local to try out Keens. I have found the Venice H2 to be great park sandals. Supportive, but don't put pressure on my arch, and dries quickly. Minimal break-in time needed.

I wear my Crocs flip flops or Tevas in the parks. I say wear whatever flip flops/sandals you normally wear at home that you consider to be really comfortable, rather than trying to break in something new.

I have a pair of Chacos, but I don't find them comfortable for long periods of time or for a lot of walking. The last time I wore them during the summer, I developed a heat rash across the top of my feet. We don't go in the summer anymore, and so I will wear them, but for short periods of time. I like to alternate shoes--Chacos, Clarks flip flops, Merrill sneakers, Nike tennis shoes. Yes, I pack a lot of shoes, but for me, it's worth it!

I wore Chacos for almost our entire August trip. I would honestly prefer tennis shoes, but we inevitably get caught in afternoon rain showers at some point during our trips, so I wanted something that would hold up to wetness (and not stink afterwards!). As others said, they really do need time to shape to your feet, so plan accordingly.

Yes I wear sandals a lot, I love Merrill’s, everyone I talk too love their chacos but I tried them on today n didn’t like them, put pressure on my arch. That’s what I thought if I would have time to break them in. Going June 2.
The first time I tried on Chacos, they were an immediate nope! I wondered how anyone could find that comfortable! I tried again a year or two later and just made the commitment to but them because I needed sturdy sandals. It took a couple of days but my feet and calves got used to them and I’ve been wearing them ever since. They are not squishy but very supportive. They’re great for getting wet and drying right back out. When we went in August, I did find that my feet got pretty hot just from the heat coming off the asphalt, but I could dump ice water on my feet and it was great!! If I was there more than a couple of days, I’d alternate with my Keens or Treva’s though, just to let my toes rest a bit.

chacos are kinda the opposite
You break your feet into them
As in the fit will make your feet and legs use muscles they are not accustomed to using. Takes a bit to break those new muscles in

As others have said, you will need to break them in for quite a long time before you go.

My daughter was going on a trip to Colombia and was going to get Chacos but ended up with Tevas. If you have a relatively low arch and tend to pronate your ankle inward, be sure to really pay attention to how the Chacos fit in the store. They have an inner square buckle apparatus that happened to lay right across the bony inner part of my daughter's foot so the were a no go.

My son recently bought a pair and found some that have more of a softer bottom. He really likes them.

As others have said, you will need to break them in for quite a long time before you go.

My daughter was going on a trip to Colombia and was going to get Chacos but ended up with Tevas. If you have a relatively low arch and tend to pronate your ankle inward, be sure to really pay attention to how the Chacos fit in the store. They have an inner square buckle apparatus that happened to lay right across the bony inner part of my daughter's foot so the were a no go.

My son recently bought a pair and found some that have more of a softer bottom. He really likes them.
That's the z-cloud

My dd land I wore chacos last year and ended up having to buy crocs because our feet hurt so bad!

I have Chacos and I wore them hiking through Greece and my feet never hurt, however, I find them a major pain in the A to get adjusted just right and they often tighten up while I'm walking, so I'm constantly adjusting them! I have the kind with the 2 thin straps that wrap around my big toe. Because of the constant annoying adjustments and the heaviness of the sole, I really don't wear them at all anymore and I'm thinking of just getting rid of them. What time of year are you going? I would only choose sneakers for the parks but we never go in the summer so I don't usually have every day rain to deal with!

I have Chacos and I wore them hiking through Greece and my feet never hurt, however, I find them a major pain in the A to get adjusted just right and they often tighten up while I'm walking, so I'm constantly adjusting them! I have the kind with the 2 thin straps that wrap around my big toe. Because of the constant annoying adjustments and the heaviness of the sole, I really don't wear them at all anymore and I'm thinking of just getting rid of them. What time of year are you going? I would only choose sneakers for the parks but we never go in the summer so I don't usually have every day rain to deal with!
I had to finally give up on mine with the toe loop. They are the hardest on the foot muscles for certain. That along with the softer sole has made a world of difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter