Delete Thread

Caught up now!!!

We love St Augustine and you certainly saw a few weird things........the torture place is a little much isn’t nice it.......but you certainly managed to do some “weird” stuff.........lol......love the idea of googling weird stuff......

The lights do look good, it’s such a beautiful place.......we are going back again in March for the day and have decided in September to stay overnight so we can do the Ghost tour.......looks fun!!!

Enjoying your pictures as always.........you are both so photogenic!!!

GdH9R88l.jpg

This is so cute!!

but he was getting a little bite-y

:rotfl:

Hey, sometimes I feel that way too, when everyone is trying to pet me!

I assume the penguin standing outside the pen was mad he wasn't chosen and was calling the other a teacher's pet for coming to meet us

LOL!! mad he wasn't chosen, or mad at him for being such a traitor and allowing himself to be petted and adored by humans!

Ah look at this puffy one outside the area it's so adorably plump :lovestruc

xM2lli5l.jpg

Where'd you get this picture of me??? :rotfl:

He looks like you could just roll him down a hill, lol

I love seals and sea lions so I took a bunch of pictures :rotfl:

One of the things I was most excited about in San Francisco was seeing the sea lions at the pier...there were only a couple. This is much better!

Aww!

(May I never have to search through all the "Hotline Bling" and early 2000's glitter "bling bling" gifs again).

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

OH MY GOD IT IS STANDING ON ITS BACK LEGS!!!!!!!!!!

It's like a fuzzy little person. I cannot handle this.

Ahh!! So fun!

You've sold me! I need to go to sea world now!!

A spooky & Christmas-y day in St Augustine

yay! I've been looking forward to this part!! I've wanted to go since I was a kid. It's old and has ghosty stuff, I'm in!

I'm embarrassed by how much I relate to Murray Goldberg sometimes.

although I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of looking at old houses/antiques.

I forgive you.

:rotfl2:

I'm obsessed with old houses, buying one is my dream. Bonus points for established ghosts. We were actually looking at a house downtown about a month ago (110 years old, it was awesome), pretty seriously considering it, but the kids would have to change to a different high school (even though it's only ten minutes from our current house), which ultimately led to us deciding not to put in an offer since I couldn't get a guarantee we'd be granted an exemption to stay at our current high school. (especially Leyton, who won't even start until next year)

Villa Zoryada was the summer home of an eccentric millionaire from Boston, built in 1883 and based on the design of a 12th century Spanish palace

This sounds awesome

A wax figure of Vincent Price's character in the original House of Wax:

I love that movie!! Vincent Price is one of my all time favorite horror actors, particularly in this and House on Haunted Hill.

The guy at the desk asked how we heard of them, and Josh told him I googled "weird things to do":rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

I then told Josh having a car was "like a mobile room". Josh told me that he was pretty sure that's something someone who lived in a car would say. :laughing:

LOL!!!!

Josh wanted to show that this side of the hallway was very short:

9kWRqv1l.jpg

It's like Xavier when he left the oral surgeon still drugged up. "I can touch the walls! I can touch the walls!" :rotfl:

Aside from the annoying family on the trolley, this sounds like a really fun day. I love all the museums!!

I've always thought it a bit weird that deluxe resorts are the ones that share buses. So at the Dolphin for example you have one bus servicing 5 resorts, and coming by less often. I just feel like that's one area they shouldn't be cutting back in. Coming back to the hotel we also got a super small bus that after sitting in it for a couple minutes I realized it was a school bus that they changed the seats around in. (They probably gutted and redid it, but it still wasn't quite the same quality as their typical buses).
That's so weird with the schoolbus. I've never understood the sharing buses between deluxes. And 5 is way too many. I think Swan & Dolphin are fine sharing, but they should not share with the other resorts unless it's really late or maybe midday when people aren't going back and forth too much. Or for Disney Springs. Idk, I don't get it.
But I guess that depends on if your driver is a jerk or not or if they think they can get away with it because there's no CM there.
Ughhhh. What the heck.
During our time on the dance floor there was another dance battle, a drunk lady fell over pulling her boyfriend down with her, a guy twerked, an employee did some breakdancing, and a group of people threw dollar bills at each other. I still think it's very strange that Disney closed down all the night clubs when they changed this to DS, only to open what is basically another night club. (Nothing against clubs although I'm not really a club person, I just think that's strange). Right before we left a lady came up to us started dancing with us, asked me to hold her drink (then asked if I wanted any which I declined), before kissing both of us on the cheek and walking away.
This is like a montage of all the club scenes from all comedies!

I feel so boring, the only thing that ever happens to me is work trying to pull a fast one.
2 weeks out: "Hey, we're not going to run the weekend you were expecting to work!"
Monday: "Jk we're gonna run on Saturday"
Friday afternoon: "... ok Sunday too"
:headache:
On the way back to the hotel the driver stopped at the Swan, and then continued on to the Yacht Club :confused: I went to ask him why he skipped the Dolphin, and he said "after a certain time there's only one stop for the Swan/Dolphin". I said "so the Swan stop was the Dolphin stop?" He looked irritated and snapped yes.

I don't know how I was supposed to know that though? He said it like it was common knowledge, but he never announced it (only the pre recorded Swan spiel played). And I kind of don't even think that's true? (Someone who's stayed there before let me know if that's true).
That doesn't sound right at all. I know they've had some times were the buses only ran at one or the other because of the renovations, but that meant they only ran at one hotel for the whole day.. not we decided to only go to one at night. We've made several past midnight trips back from Disney Springs and never had them not stop at both...
the driver told them he had to stop everywhere no matter what (except the Dolphin)

And he definitely wanted to untie his shoes :rotfl:
:rotfl: This looks like a great experience though!
(May I never have to search through all the "Hotline Bling" and early 2000's glitter "bling bling" gifs again).
We appreciate your sacrifice.
Josh thought about riding some coasters, but ended up not riding any. I would've probably rode the water rides if I didn't expect it to get cooler at night. If we ever go back someday we'll probably try out more of the rides, but honestly that didn't feel like a necessity because between the tour and Christmas events and exhibits we still had a full day.
Zack wants to go here for the coasters really badly.
Overall this was my favorite show we watched. It definitely had a cheesy/for kids kind of plot about Santa which had a mime and a rhyming elf in it, but the animals were really adorable and impressive in it.
We went to SW San Antonio growing up, and Zack and I did San Diego in 2105, and I remember Clyde and Seamore being my favorite show both times.
When we got up they'd also snap one quick picture and then send us on our way, and as a result I don't think any of them came out too good. Maybe they were just annoyed we didn't get Photokey? I probably wouldn't bother with any picture stuff the next time we went there because I'm not huge on meeting characters, I only got it this time because of the Christmas meets.
I love that they have the Rudolph characters though. I finally bought my very own copy of Rudolph (and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town) this year since they don't play them very often anymore. Now I need The Year Without a Santa Claus. My favorite Christmas movies are the old claymation ones plus Christmas Vacation (obviously #1 :laughing:)
They had added Christmas decorations to every room which I guess is in the spirit of the holidays, but I think it kind of took away from the old world vibe, because they obviously weren't antiques, and there was a lot of them.
That's kind of funny. We went to a historic house in Nashville and they had decorated for Christmas in the style that fit the era of the house, and they even had sketches and photos of some of the decor that was done for the house way back when, and had recreated it.
When I look up things to do on vacation I'll google "weird + the area" :rotfl:
But if not and you want more info on Elizabeth Bathory, the show Lore on Amazon Prime did an episode on her in season 2 that tells the story
I'll have to check that show out. I haven't heard about her.
Although could they have suspended this witch any weirder in front of it?
Yes. The answer to these questions is always Yes, and you don't want to know.
I find this stuff creepy, but interesting to learn about
I feel the same.
I'm not crazy about Ripley's because they're usually overpriced and overly touristy. (Not that touristy things are bad, but this seems like a place that is only meant to draw in tourists) and all the little side things require more money. But this one was pretty cheap rolled in with the Night Lights ticket so we decided to check it out.
I haven't been in a Ripley's since I was 12, the Niagara Falls one on the Canadian side. I kind of forgot about them. I feel like they were 'trendy' to go to back in the day... now it's like Madame Tussauds is the new trendy tourist thing :confused3
As much as I like the holidays, I have to tell you all I pretty much hate standard holiday music; because I worked in the mall, and we had to listen to Christmas music from Nov 1st to the end of December every year and had a preprogrammed loop with the same songs on it every year. And even if we did have CDs in there isn't that much variety for Christmas songs when you're working several 8 hour shifts week. The Chipmunks song is among the worst in my opinion. There is some holiday music I like (moreso the kind that doesn't sound like holiday music), but I can only tolerate it for so long.
The Chipmunks song is one of my favorites... but I totally see where you're coming from!

Thank you! I think you're the first person to weigh in who's actually stayed there and I thought that seemed made up.
Yeah, that sounds more like he just didn't want to stop at both because it was late. Jerk.
Yeah, 5 was way too many even for going to DS it seemed like too much. I get going back at the end of the night because there weren't that many people, but earlier in the day it was a lot.
Yeah, thinking more now, daytime is not a good time to share because then it takes FOREVER to get to DS unless you're the last pickup.

We got really spoiled Labor Day weekend using Lyft a lot to go to the waterparks and to our dinner reservations. It was so nice! Especially since we did breakfast then a waterpark each day, so we didn't have to do like park-hotel-bus to transfer spot for waterpark-bus to waterpark (then Disney buses back to change so we didn't get someone's car wet), and then straight to the dinner place if it was a hotel.

but I asked her to please take a few more since I knew we didn't really get the penguins in any of them, and I was glad I asked her to because the last few pictures were these ones:

OMG I totally would have done this, I mean, how often do you get to be in a picture with a penguin?? So glad you got some good pics in the end. I can't imagine what penguins feel like? I sort of expect them to feel like dolphins? But I guess they have feathers so...maybe not?

Here was the main part:

Love St. Augustine...so cute.

Wish I could give your last post double likes for the Mall night time pics...lol.....

Thank you!!!! We are definitely going to go at night next December.....so was that your first time in the Mall at millenia?? It is such a lovely one to visit!!

What a shame about the Dolphin!! I wouldn't have thought it of that hotel that you would have so many issues, and some gross issues. And even worse that it was a generic response from them.

Love the pictures as always.....PB is so beautiful and their tree is lovely.

Nice update...….

Let's go to Seaworld together the boys can ride coasters and we can pet penguins :rotfl:
Yessssssssssss
:eek: the future :rotfl:
Aw crap, part of the deal for me being here is I have to pretend I'm from this era! Also, no betting on the superbowl :rotfl2:
I feel better recommending this because you said you like weird things, but her story is...bloody. The whole series of Lore is actually pretty cool though it started out as a podcast, and is now like a show where they tell historical stories/legends and have actors and narration.
I tried to put this on yesterday and zack was all, what is this show, I'm trying to eat my lunch
You can also play the TV sound in the bathroom. Nothing I love more than being able to hear Cheaters while I shower :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Cant wait to hear about Madame Tussauds. I went to the London one with a friend a few years ago, I couldn't get over how real they looked.

Except they had dead eyes ...

giphy.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Happy New Year!

Sorry that the Dolphin didn't live up to your expectations. Isn't it going through renovations? I am not really up on the Swan and Dolphin world.

I'm pleased to hear Loews is doing a much better job with this ridiculous room check policy. I figured they would as there customer service has always been top notch for us.

We'll definitely be crossing off the Dolphin as a possible place to stay.

We usually stay on property at Disney, but we did a couple of pre trip stays at the Wyndham Grand Orlando at Bonnet Creek and had great experiences there. We did a 2 night stay before a Disney pkg one year and a 3 night stay before heading to Universal last year. It's a Deluxe hotel and you can usually find very good deals.

They had added Christmas decorations to every room which I guess is in the spirit of the holidays, but I think it kind of took away from the old world vibe, because they obviously weren't antiques, and there was a lot of them.
I completely agree! I'd had the same thought before reading your comment - like, it really detracts from the ambiance of the vibe. #wiseminds ;)

When I look up things to do on vacation I'll google "weird + the area" :rotfl:
:rotfl2: I need to remember this! Genius :thumbsup2

The guy at the desk asked how we heard of them, and Josh told him I googled "weird things to do":rotfl:

Although could they have suspended this witch any weirder in front of it?
Nope.

Way too cute! :goodvibes

The one terrible thing about this was the family in our trolley.
:faint: Ugh, people like that can really spoil things for others. :sad2:

I've been a big fan of his since The Soup back when that was on
Yes! Me too!

These are Parks and Rec colored pencils and they are the coolest thing ever :lovestruc
Agreed ::yes::

2 Hotels & a Fancy Mall
This title is awesome and made me actually LOL :laughing:

Nothing I love more than being able to hear Cheaters while I shower :rotfl:

I really love that you and Josh branched out and did some things "beyond the bubble". I've really enjoyed reading about them :thumbsup2

I always read your dining reports and I am glad to have found this TR! We are going to the wax museum in July. Looking forward to your post!

I completely agree! I'd had the same thought before reading your comment - like, it really detracts from the ambiance of the vibe. #wiseminds ;)

Yes! Maybe if there weren't so many, but they had them in the corners of almost every room, and the tree in the center was so big it was really all you see when you look at the main room.
:rotfl2: I need to remember this! Genius :thumbsup2

A good site that usually comes up that has a lot of ideas is called Atlas Obscura, you just have to double check before you go because I'm not sure how often they update, and I've seen a few places that looked cool only to find they closed or aren't open to the public.

Way too cute! :goodvibes

Aw, thank you.

Yes! Me too!

Yay another Joel Mchale fan! He really was just as funny in person, I always thought his stand up would be like The Soup and mostly celebrity based but it wasn't, and it was really funny.

I really love that you and Josh branched out and did some things "beyond the bubble". I've really enjoyed reading about them :thumbsup2

Aw, I'm glad you're enjoying it. It was fun to do some new things outside of theme parks. I like theme parks, but I feel like by just doing them you miss out on other things, but we couldn't find it into theme park trips because we didn't want to take time away and we already paid for that portion. I think it was also a more relaxing pace too.

I always read your dining reports and I am glad to have found this TR! We are going to the wax museum in July. Looking forward to your post!

Thanks for following along! Ooo you're going to enjoy it, we really like Madame Tussauds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter