Celebrating a child's 2nd birthday at Disney

Clover9990

<font color=336699>Let me know where we can get so
I know this has been asked before, but I honestly cannot remember all that was said. We are planning on going to MK 3 days after our DD turns 2. Can you tell me of anything special I can get for her in the parks (especially if it's free/inexpensive)? I think I've heard of birthday badges...are those free? Where do I get one? Anything else I need to know? (BTW, we will not be able to take her to a character breakfast this time around- maybe for her 3rd birthday! :) I have heard they will sing/bring a cupcake or whatever at sit-down restaurants for birthdays, but that's not in our budget at this time.) TIA!

We also celebrated our DDs 2nd birthday at MK. We got her a free birthday pin at guest relations(?) just inside the gates and she wore it all day. She got a few little perks - the only specific one I can remember is that she was given a mouse-head-shaped crazy straw for free when we bought her an apple juice. She waited in line with us for several rides where we did the child swap and a couple of times she was given a certificate stating that when she was big enough to ride, she could come to the front of the line. We also asked to ride in the front of the monorail and she was given a co-pilot's license. Most of the CMs made sure to wish her a happy birthday and overall it was a terrific day.

Thanks for the suggestions! :) The front-of-the-monorail ride sounds like something she (and my son) would really love! Thanks for telling me where to get the birthday pin. I hope they try not to give us anymore free straws- they're cute, but they gave my kids 4 of them for free when we stayed at the Contemporary earlier this year! :jester: I'm glad your DD had a great birthday!

When we went in March we went to CP for my DS(7) birthday. We had to go early so then went back to City Hall for the birthday badge - the CM pulled him to one side and he got a birthday phone call from Goofy - he was so pleased!!

Also we got a ride up main st on one of the horse drawn carriages and all the a cappela(sp) singers sung 'Happy birthday' to him - they also sung the un-birthday song to my other DS. All the CMs who noticed his badge made a point of saying happy birthday to him - made it a truly magical day for him!

No one in our family is even close to having a birthday on this next trip. I think I will have to plan the following one around a birthday it sounds like so much fun ! quite a few years ago my youngest daughter was in disney for her birthday and I mentioned it to a castmember at Artist point and everyone sang, waved around their napkins and of course all the characters that were at the character breakfast came over for pics. It was really cute. Be sure to mention that its birthday time when ever you go in to eat!

Do any of you think it'll be a problem, though, that we won't be there on the actual day of her birthday? Her birthday is the 31st, and we're having her birthday party on that day- can't go to MK until my DH's next day off from work, which is 3 days later (the following Tuesday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter