Celebrate a birthday when it's not actually the birthday

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
Our daughter's birthday is in August (she just turned 13), and we can't go to Universal on her actual birthday because school begins right around the same time, and I don't want to her miss the first days of school. Part of her gift was a trip back to Universal during her fall break. I'm wondering if it would it be ok for her to wear a birthday button because it's a birthday celebration even though it's not really her birthday?

Just like at Disney, no one actually cares if it’s your bday.

The question is if SHE will be comfy with TMs and eagle-eyed outgoing guests wishing her a HB, or if she will feel compelled to explain that it’s not her actual bday. If the latter, don’t do it. When my son was doing that, we had him take the pin off. It just wasn’t comfortable for him and he didn’t understand that people were just being kind and didn’t *really* care when the day was.

Our daughter's birthday is in August (she just turned 13), and we can't go to Universal on her actual birthday because school begins right around the same time, and I don't want to her miss the first days of school. Part of her gift was a trip back to Universal during her fall break. I'm wondering if it would it be ok for her to wear a birthday button because it's a birthday celebration even though it's not really her birthday?
Oh yes. Universal asked us if we were celebrating anything and I said "well our 20th anniversary was last month but we couldn't make it here until now." and they said "that counts!" and gave us the button and a lovely card and chocolates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter