Cedar Point

CAPSLOCK

DIS Veteran
There is no Cedar Point forum, but a quick question for anyone who has been:

Are you allowed to have phones in pockets on the major roller coasters?

Steel Vengeance has metal detectors and lockers (that you have to pay for). None of the others have rules. If you have zippered pockets, you're able to take your phone on Steel Vengeance.

edit- I forgot that they installed pockets on the rides for small loose items this year. We didn't do our usual trip this summer and I gave you old info. :) Have a great time at CP! It's our favorite!

At one point you couldn't even take your phone in line for Steel Vengence so just be aware of that. I can't recall if that's still going on or not but even phones had to be left in the locker. I didn't ride it this year because we didn't time things right to get on but I know last year at one point nothing could go in line with you.

Other than that, I've worn a skort with zipper pockets and kept my small change purse and phone in them with no problem.

You are going to love Cedar Point. We went on the Steel Vengeance this year but we used the exit to enter so I can't remember if we took our phones or not. But they didn't check us for phones or anything before we got on. There are little netting pouches attached to the seat in front of you to put small things in.

That's the plan for Fri night. Then Sat night we're hoping the rides will have lesser waits while everyone is doing the haunts. And maybe we'll hit a favorite again :)

That's the plan for Fri night. Then Sat night we're hoping the rides will have lesser waits while everyone is doing the haunts. And maybe we'll hit a favorite again :)

Did you end up going? How did you like it? We went this past Friday but didn't do any haunts - my DD11 was scared a couple of times in the scare zone and decided that was enough for her! We used our free Fastlane Plus that we got with renewing our passes so we rode some coasters, bought her hoodie for the winter, bought some fudge for the last time this season and headed home.

FYI re Steel Vengence - they mark if you have loose articles or not (wallets, phones, etc) and you have to put those in pouches under your seat. No small purses even allowed in line and we had to walk through a metal detector. Hands were marked green or red depending if you had the loose articles and then that was noted again at the front of the line.

It has been a few years but many of the rides had cupboards that you or an attendant could place loose articles into, then retrieve as you exited.

Went and had a blast! It was super busy but a lot of fun. Did not bring a bag so we didn't need to use a locker - we were able to have phones in pockets or in boxes at the loading platforms, or in the little pouch on Steel Vengeance.

Got on all the coasters except Top Thrill Dragster (rained out, then the line was too crazy), most multiple times. Not sure if I loved Steel Vengeance or Maverick best. Front row on Gatekeeper is awesome. Friend said starting the day riding Steel is better than coffee to wake you up. We also decided that the racing derby carousel is more fun than it has any right to be.

Did some haunts on Fri night - thought they did a really good job with the scare zones and haunted attractions. Friend is a huge Snoopy fan and was thrilled with all the Peanuts presence. The pumpkin artwork was neat.

Sat. we ended up splurging on the Fast Pass for rides, which made us feel very special walking past those long lines. Found a ticket on the ground for free drinks all day, which was nice. We opened the park at 10am and stayed til the midnight close, which equals lots of free drinks & lots of skipped lines.

Man, that is one huge park to traverse! Went home tired, windswept, and happy.

Attachments

• 20191005_143850.jpg
    20191005_143850.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20191005_104112.jpg
    20191005_104112.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20191004_214300.jpg
    20191004_214300.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Resized952019100595224711.jpg
    Resized952019100595224711.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20191005_174444.jpg
    20191005_174444.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1
CAPSLOCK - That is hard core! 14 hours with Fast Pass! That is a lot of riding and a lot of walking.

With the Gold Pass 2020 being sold for $99 (2020 annual pass plus unlimited visits to Halloweekends 2019 for those not aware) - it is packed! Fast Pass is a must. We are going back up Sunday in hopes that families like each other and stay home!

Since we live so close, we have committed to 3-4 rides, wait in line, take advantage of our meal plan, stay 4-5 hours, and do multiple visits. But if you love coasters, it is the place to vist.

Sunday was drizzling and much better lines. Had to leave by mid-afternoon for the drive back though. If we were closer, we'd do short, well planned days. But seeing the lines on Fri, we knew it was Fast Passes or sadness on Sat, and opted to actually ride stuff that day. It did come in less than $10/hr when you stay the whole day, and was totally worth it.

Hope you hit the good crowd conditions on Sun too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!